Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Reported By: MarkC — Cocoanut Beach Florida
  • Instant Checkmate

Internet
    USA

Instant Checkmate Instant Checkmate $1 Trial is a Scam San Diego, California Internet

Instant Checkmate $1 Trial is a Scam!!

Buyer Beware. Instant Checkmate's supposed $1 Trial deal to test drive the service for 5 days is a complete sham. In the course of checking out their service, if you go to close your browser, a popup claims to offer the same $22 monthly service - and all of its same benefits - for a mere $1. They lie!

As soon as I allowed myself to be duped into it by registering my account and, presumably, paying the $1 fee, they said I would need to pay another $1.99 to download the report I had generated on somebody I'm suing (I'm trying to verify and document the person's past addresses and the dates he resided at those addresses). Okay, so I figured it was too good to be true and agreed to the extra fee for the download.

I was shocked when I open the "report" to see that it had next to no information. What it had is already available on the Internet, except for the fact that it figured out his astrological sign for me! No dates were provided for the addresses listed in the report, unless I wanted to sign up for a Premium Account! I immediate called and cancelled the transaction (I hope). It's probably a future credit card dispute. You would think these credit cards companies would get tired of processing chargebacks on comapnies like Instant Checkmate.

These p***** give legitimate businesses on the Internet a bad rap. Hopefully, an enterprising law firm will step up and file a class action lawsuit against this corrupt company. In the meantime, where are state attorneys' general? Instant Checkmate is willfully and with malice of forethought misrepresenting their service every day, in probably every state, and should be called to account in open court.

Does anyone know a truthful, legitimate background information service?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2014 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/instant-checkmate/internet/instant-checkmate-instant-checkmate-1-trial-is-a-scam-san-diego-california-internet-1179989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content