Complaint Review: Instant Checkmate

• Reported By: Ella F. — Lancaster Pennsylvania
  • Instant Checkmate

Internet
    USA

Instant Checkmate Instant Checkmate4330 South Valley View Blvd, Suite 112Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 Instant Checkmate False Advertisement OUTDATED/MISLEADING info Las Vegas Internet/Nevada

Instant Checkmate is not as advertised.

Their claims are very misleading. They claim to have "up to date" information. They claim to have prison records. and then after you sign up, if you want to find out the important information, for instance any sex offenses they have on record, you have to pay more money. They try tricky advertising just to get your money. stay away. you will not find any current information on anyone. I searched people I KNOW have a big criminal record and nothing showed up. It's a scam. They pull their information from public record, which is free and RARELY up to date. Their commercials claim that you can check the background of people you have just met so you can have peace of mind. This is very untrue. They should be held accountable for this false advertisement. They are not a background checking service as they claim.

"KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE RUN A BACKGROUND CHECK TODAY"

That quote was taken directly off of their homepage (in big bold letters). They DO NOT provide background checks. They just want to charge you more money for additional public record information. FALSE ADVERTISING.

"Accurate and up-to-date people information...

We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to keep the information we provide as accurate and up-to-date as possible, so you know you can trust our data. Background checks have been seen on popular networks such as CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and many more!"

Again, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Stated on ripoffreport by another user: "They advertise to give you background info for individuals, but only after you have given them your card and charged over 22.95 you find out to get detail info you have to pay an additional 19.95. Of course in very fine print I am sure they cover themselves, but I warn you don't waste your money like I did!"  This previous report on rip off reported by Winston in salem north carolina is exactly what i went through and sums it up perfectly. Please do not waste your time or money. I called them and was able to get my money back when i claimed they did not provide the services they advertised. First they wanted to refund me only half or so and let me continue to use the site for the month. In the end, I did receive a full refund with a supervisor's approval after being told they cannot provide up to date information if it's not up to date in the public record. They told me this 3 times at least, but they had no argument against my other claims. They know they are misleading in their advertisement. Which is exactly why I got my money back. I did use paypal, so if they weren't going to give me my money back, i would have disputed it with paypal for services not as described.  There needs to be a class action suit for the people who were not able to get their money back. And their commercials need to be pulled from television completely.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2014 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/instant-checkmate/internet/instant-checkmate-instant-checkmate4330-south-valley-view-blvd-suite-112las-vegas-nevad-1187230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content