Complaint Review: instant checkmate

United States of America

instant checkmate Not the brightest people to deal with. Internet

*Author of original report: Thanks - I will Buckle Up

*Consumer Suggestion: Buckle Up There Mike

I signed up for the $1 five day trial period and decided I liked the product - it provided me the information I need every once in a while.  However, when I called to set up an account I said I wanted the 6 month subscription for $59.  The guy said he needed to check with his supervisor and came back to tell me that I could not do this - I had to sign up for the monthly fee of $29.63.

I told him to cancel my trial account and I didn't want to set up the new account.  I told him that this policy is one of the dumbest policies I have ever heard of unless the 6 month offer was part of a scam.  He said he didn't know, said he was sorry, and said he would cancel my account.

I don't know how anything good could come out of doing business with a company whose decision makers must be dumber than a box of rocks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/instant-checkmate/internet/instant-checkmate-not-the-brightest-people-to-deal-with-internet-1023117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Thanks - I will Buckle Up

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

Thank you for the heads up about the problems with this company.  I will keep a close watch on my credit card and report back if anything happens.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Buckle Up There Mike

AUTHOR: Robert Harford - (United States of America)

As of today 3/7/2013... you have a new post to read.... Mine!

I highly recommend that you keep a careful monthly tab on your credit card statements!

I've seen how these people operate.  You might be one of the lucky ones that never hears from them again... I doubt it!  My bank informed me they have to deal with them numerous times on a daily basis!

All the best!!