Complaint Review:

• Updated: Thu, September 10, 2015

• Reported By: Marilyn — Carrollton Texas USA
Instant Checkmate
Internet USA

Instant Checkmate REALLY? I am promised so much information for an initial cost? This is bait and switch. I paid the initial "on sale" amount to sign up but I'm not seeing the info promised. Now I am asked to pay more for the premium service. REALLY? No way! Internet

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Instant Checkmate advertised online as the best rated service to check on people and discover background information such as criminal history, previous addresses, police records, mugshots, social networks, youtube, etc. The service was offered on the internet for a "sale price" of approx. $19.99, (reg. price, 39.95). This sounded like a good deal for a "top rated" verification service.

After taking advantage of the "sale" price, paid by credit card on the internet, I started looking up people whom I knew had problems on their records. None of those issues surfaced. In fact, wrong pictures came in as well as very little correct information that is easily discovered free online. In some cases, I entered a name along with a middle initial and received 79 choices that were all wrong. I was told that those 79 choices matched my criteria which included the middle initial, "C". Not one of the 79 choices had the "C" as a middle initial, yet they said that they did!

Then, after I found no pertinent information concerning these people, I noticed a note that came up on the dashboard saying that if I couldn't find all the information I needed, I could upgrade to the "Premium" service for $19.99 more. What did I pay the initial $19.99 for?? Hmmm, this sounds like Bait and Switch to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2015 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/instant-checkmate/internet/instant-checkmate-really-i-am-promised-so-much-information-for-an-initial-cost-this-is-1254096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Instant Checkmate