Complaint Review: IntegreTel, The Billing Resource, Horizon Telecom

• Reported By: St. Charles Missouri
  • IntegreTel, The Billing Resource, Horizon Telecom
    www.integretel.com
    Internet

IntegreTel, The Billing Resource, Horizon Telecom Billed for non-existant services Ripoff San Jose Internet

Noticed charges on my AT&T bill from a third party. The charges were from IntegreTel or The Billing Resource (same entity). There were weekly charges for "HORIZON TEL LD MONTHLY BIZ PLAN 2" for $4.99, plus a "LEC BILLING RECOVERY FEE FOR HORIZONLD" for $3.84. This was a service we never signed up for. I can't even tell what the service is, but the "LD" suggests long distance.

According to both AT&T and my regular long distance carrier, there has never been a change in my long distance carrier. AT&T stated that there was no phone service associated with the charge. AT&T has been super. They recinded the charges, which means that IntegreTel is responsible for billing and collecting, and anything paid through AT&T will be returned. Third parties are allowed to bill through your phone bill. In my case, my real long distance provider bill separately.

I'm currently working on complaints to the FTC (FTC.gov) and my state's attorney general.

Waiting on IntegreTel to give me a written explaination of services rendered on how they were ordered.

Paul
St. Charles, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2007 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/integretel-the-billing-resource-horizon-telecom/internet/integretel-the-billing-resource-horizon-telecom-billed-for-non-existant-services-ripoff-258918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content