Complaint Review: Intelius

• Intelius
    500 108th Ave., 22nd Flr. Bellevue, WA 98004
    Internet
    United States of America

Intelius Identity Protect by Intelius Theft, Unauthorized withdrawal from accounts, Fraudulent withdrawals Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius Customer Support

*Consumer Comment: Response from Intelius Employee is another Lie

*UPDATE Employee: Intelius Customer Support

As a consumer, I went to Intelius to do a minor background check on a potential employee. This was for a one time check and would not need the services of Intelius after this check. The charge for the initial check was for $10.90. When the option to sign up for monthly services was offered, I declined and clicked the button to continue with out signing for a monthly membership.

When I checked my statement, I found an additional charge to my account from Intelius for $19.95. This charge was unauthorized and I am not happy with the services that I originally requested. My opinion of Intelius is that they are a scam and once they have your information they will continue to add charges to your account. This company need to be stopped and forced out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2012 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/intelius/internet/intelius-identity-protect-by-intelius-theft-unauthorized-withdrawal-from-accounts-fraudu-824610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Intelius Customer Support

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

If you need to cancel your membership or need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

Response from Intelius Employee is another Lie

AUTHOR: JohnSmith - (USA)

They will enroll you in their (useless and fraudulent) Fraud protection regardless of whether or not you choose the discounted rate for the (also useless and fraudulent) record search.

When I requested a record at the non-discounted rate of $1.95, and realized that they have absolutely NO RECORD on the person they claimed to have found, I immediately asked for a refund.

Well, they said "sure we'll refund you", but then they went ahead and signed me up for their USELESS "Fraud Alert" scam for $19.95.  I told my credit card about the fraudulent charge and Intelius is disputing it, saying that I had agreed to sign up for  this stupid, useless scam of theirs!!

AVOID INTELIUS AT ALL COST! THEY LIE ABOUT HAVING FOUND A RECORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SO THEY CAN STEAL YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND SIGN YOU UP FOR BOGUS "SERVICES" WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT.

Intelius Customer Support

AUTHOR: Intelius_Customer_Support - (USA)

If you select a promotional price on the Intelius website, you will also receive a free 7 day trial of Identity Protect.   After the 7 day trial, it will convert to a regular subscription and bill out at $19.95 monthly.

However, theres no obligation.  If you determine within the 7 day trial that you no longer want Identity Protect, you can cancel your service anytime, online or over the phone with a customer support representative.

If you still need assistance with your account please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Support.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php