Complaint Review: Interface

• Interface
    15 Kennedy Blvd
    East Brunswick, New Jersey
    USA

Interface InterFACE1 LLC Beware - Does not honor refund policy/Deceptive Marketing Techniques East Brunswick New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Work tighter against InterFACE

*Consumer Comment: Interface A scam

Met with Interface Rep, Gabrielle Daugherty on 6/10/13.  I was asked for two forms of ID at the time of arrival, one of which requested was a credit card.

Ms. Daugherty explained that my son was exactly the type of child the entertainment industry is looking for & that they have tons of opportunities available in our area. She briefly discussed that the 1st step would be to come in & have pictures taken of my son. The prices of the photo shoot were very expensive. I explained I would need some time to think it over. Rep said she needed an answer right away, but I had 3 days to cancel the shoot without charge if I changed my mind.

In that case, I agreed. At that time, she picked up my credit card which was still on the desk & asked if that was the one I would use to pay for the shoot. I said probably. She explained they would need it just to hold the shoot date in case I did not show up. After, I realized she charged the full amount of the photo shoot, $925 to my credit card.

When I got home & had a chance to review all the paperwork she gave me I realized that it was only a contract for the photo shoot & clearly stated that it offered no promise of the work she had assured me my son would be offered as a result of participating in the photo shoot. This was of great concern to me and I began to think that the whole thing was a scam. I felt extremely pressured during the initial meeting with Ms. Daugherty. The contract stated I had three days to cancel the photo shoot, however, the refund would be issued in the form of a company check within 30 days, not a refund to my credit card & I had to request cancellation in writing sent via certified receipt letter. I promptly called the company & advised them of my desire to cancel the next day & sent the requested letter via certified mail receipt (I have the receipt that an Interface Rep signed for the letter on 6/14/13).

I have called to inquire about the status of the refund several times, but no one could provide any information, they kept saying they were "experiencing a system glitch". I requested to speak w/Ms. Daugherty each time I called but was told she was unavailable. She had assured me during our meeting that she would always be available to me and my son if we had any questions. It is now well beyond the 30 days promised in their refund policy. Someone named Shelly finally called me two days ago and provided me with a tracking number that was supposed to be for the certified mail receipt letter they were sending the check by. However, when I went on the US Post Office website today it said that there is no record of this letter being sent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/interface/east-brunswick-new-jersey-08816/interface-interface1-llc-beware-does-not-honor-refund-policydeceptive-marketing-techni-1068595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Work tighter against InterFACE

AUTHOR: InterFACE victim - ()

Hi, I am in the same situation as you. I'd like to know if you could go forward with this. I will contact a lawyer to help me.

Interface A scam

AUTHOR: Jack OfallTrades - ()

I was victimized by Interface, people are having troubles believing how is it possible for them to get away with it so much. Help me make noise on facebook and everywhere possible till they are out of business. U can always contact me at yaviad@hotmail.com

Will be more then happy to try and help U if I can regarding your career and your son as well.