Complaint Review: INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NETWORK

• INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NETWORK
    One Market Street, Steuart Tower, Suite 1010
    San Francisco, Illinois
    United States of America

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NETWORK asap tickets Refusal to pay refund for cancelled airline tickets San Francisco, Illinois

On April 11, 2001, I purchased two airline tickets for an itinerary involving stops in Kenya and Uganda.  The trip, which was scheduled for departure from Chicago May 14, had to be cancelled due to heightened security alerts from the U.S. State Department (following killing of Bin Laden).  On May 3, I called International Travel Network to cancel my tickets, and was informed of the penalties involved (total of $1,300.00).  I completed the form sent to me, agreeing to this, and faxed it to the company May 3, 2011.  The form stated that the refund could take from 3 to 10 weeks.

Instead of seeing a credit applied  to my card account, the first thing I saw was an additional $1,000.00 charge to my account.  In other words, rather than taking the penalty out of the refund from the airline, they charged me $1,000.00 in addition to the nearly $3,000.00 I had already spent for the tickets.  Now I am out nearly $4,000.00, and have yet to receive my refund.  When I call and speak to agent Bob, I am told that this is the airline's fault, and that it will take one or two more billing cycles.  I have already been waiting for 16 weeks to receive this refund, and now they tell me to wait some more.  I am now wondering if I will ever get my money back.  Needless to say, I would never consider doing business with this firm in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2011 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/international-travel-network/san-francisco-illinois-94105/international-travel-network-asap-tickets-refusal-to-pay-refund-for-cancelled-airline-tick-770589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content