Complaint Review: InterNations

• Reported By: Oslo — Oslo Other Norway
  • InterNations

, Germany
    USA

Hello, I canceled my membership in late January 2017 for InterNations Oslo.I have contacted InterNations support staff and they deny any cancellation and refuse to refund 237 Norwegian Krones.

Could please anyone help me? If I have no access to my account if my email it is not even recognised as a former member how could I protect myself? The support staff just said that they have no registered any change on my account. So who is lying here?

First, they deny any cancellation; second, they admitted a change in my account but with a fake date. Apparently, the cancellation was the 3 of March 2017 "one day after your account got automatically renewed"¡¡¡¡ What a miracle¡¡¡. I received the invoice on the 27 of April 2017. This is not a question of money, it's a question of dignity and above everything, if you committed a mistake you must try to fix it, do not be rude and do not blame others for being unprofessional.

The worst thing is that it is not just an isolated case.The Internet is full of complaints about this manipulated cancellation policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2017 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/internations/germany/internations-unethical-customer-service-munich-germany-1369973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Answer from the Payments team

AUTHOR: InterNations Support Team - (Munich)

Dear member,

As our Payments team has already mentioned these details in your email exchange, your account was automatically renewed on 2 March 2017.You then proceeded to delete your account on 3 March 2017, a day after the renewal already took place.

As you have already deleted your account, we no longer store any personal information regarding your account in our system, but can see when your subscription ended (which means that when your subscription ended so abruptly, you either downgraded or deleted your account. You mention remembering that you had deleted it which is why we also say "deleted" instead of "downgraded"). As we do not offer refunds for renewals as per our Terms&Conditions, we are sorry to say we will not be issuing a refund in this case.

You are more than welcome to get in touch with our Payments team again for more information on this matter.

To do so, please send an email to payments [at] internations [dot] org.

Kind regards,

Your InterNations Team

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

An answer from the Payments team

AUTHOR: InterNations Support Team - ()

Dear member,

To do so, please send an email to payments [at] internations [dot] org.

Kind regards,