Complaint Review: Internet Speedway

• Reported By: Gaithersburg Maryland
  • Internet Speedway

Mesa, Arizona

Internet Speedway $10 software turned into $70/mo. charge?! Mesa Arizona

I ordered their software after hearing their radio ad on WTOP, a reputable radio station in Washington, D.C. During the entire schpiel, I NEVER heard anything about the "you must return in 30 days or suffer $70 monthly charge".

Even when ordering the system, there is an automated voice that talks to you for 15 - 20 minutes and I NEVER heard a mention of having to return the software before being charged the $70!

I received several phone calls from them to help set up the website, but I bought it for my internet surfing, thriftstore shopping husband, so I forwarded the messages on to him. I suppose he never read the paperwork included in the pkg. either. I've not read it but sure will today!

Oh, woe is me ... stupid is as stupid does. SHOULDA done my homework looking them up on the internet.

Molly
Gaithersburg, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2008 06:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/internet-speedway/mesa-arizona/internet-speedway-10-software-turned-into-70mo-charge-mesa-arizona-307240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content