Complaint Review: Interstate Bankers Casuality Co.

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013
  • Reported By: sandrab — chicago Illinois United States of America
  • Interstate Bankers Casuality Co.
    8501 W Higgins Rd #710
    Chicago, IL, Illinois
    United States of America

Interstate Bankers Casuality Co. BIG scam! Chicago, Illinois

I got into a car accident in September, 2011, and my car was totaled (just looking at it). Of course it was a Saturday, so the office was closed til Monday morning. When I called them on Monday morning they made the claim. It took them 2 weeks just to say that the car was totaled. But, I don't know why it took them two weeks, the car did not start.
   Now, here's the problem they first sent me a check with my name and my lien holder's name on it, when I sent the check to my lien holder, the check bounced because we found out that the check was title stipulated. Meaning, IBCC needs the title of the car first before they can release the funds. Now, many of the insurance do not do this.
  I've tried calling them several times by myself and with the lien holders; however, they were just rude to me. Hung up the phone on me and the lien holders. Just plain rude!!! The lien holders is having a hard time trying to come up with a plan. So, if IBCC doesn't pay off the car, I would have to come up with about $15, 000 to pay off this car that was fully insured. I am in the process of getting a lawyer because it in not fair that I was insured and I have to pay for the car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/interstate-bankers-casuality-co/chicago-il-illinois-60631/interstate-bankers-casuality-co-big-scam-chicago-illinois-1023483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content