Complaint Review: Intown Focus Realty

• Intown Focus Realty
    1596 W. Cleveland Ave #103
    Atlanta, Georgia
    USA

Intown Focus Realty Intown FocusEastpointLiving Lied, Scam, Fraud, Mislead, Will have you pay an application and processing fee for nothing Atlanta Georgia

Forget about doing business with this company. They mislead me into BELIEVING I would get into a townhome just to get $40 from me. One of the associates working there even sent me text messages and emails INFORMING me that I was approved.

On 3/3/14 I contacted agent Rochelle Blackwell, to inquire about a rental property she had listed on Zillow.com. I asked if the owner of the property would be open to accepting a voucher and she replied that the owner was indeed interested in accepting a voucher. We communicated via phone and email and set up a time to meet the next day. On 3/4/14, I made a six (6) hour drive from Kentucky to Georgia in order to look at the rental property located at 2807 Vineyard Way in Smyrna. During the showing, the agent, Rochelle, asked what my credit was like and told me that Intown Focus looks for delinquent accounts with past landlords/evictions and felonies. [continued below]....

.....

We discussed replacement of the carpet by the owner and removing the washer/dryer should I be approved for the unit. She gave me an application and told me the fee would be $40 instead of $60, her business card, and directions to her place of business in East Point. I told her that I would bring the application to the office the next day with the RTA (Request For Tenancy Approval) form from the MHA along with the $40 application fee.On 3/5/14, I arrived at Intown Focus with a $40 money order and the RTA.

I gave my paperwork to Joan Shorter, the broker for Intown Focus, who began filling out the paperwork so that I could return it to the MHA before 4:00 that day. We discussed how my voucher was good for $625 or more depending upon which utilities were included and I was verbally told that the owner AGREED to accept the amount of $625. Both Joan and Rochelle sent emails to me as well stating this! On 3/12/14, I was notified via TEXT MESSAGE by Joan that the owner of the property accepted another applicant who could pay more in rent each month. Joan went on to state that she was unable to get verification of my rental history back from my previous landlord, as though it would have made some type of difference. (I had given her the fax and telephone number that was requested for my last landlord in an email days prior)

Do not use this company's services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2014 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/intown-focus-realty/atlanta-georgia-30344/intown-focus-realty-intown-focuseastpointliving-lied-scam-fraud-mislead-will-have-you-1159906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content