Complaint Review:

Ripoff Report | InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2016

• Reported By:Lincoln Washington
217 Ninth St. Pittsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business REVIEW: InventHelp's employees are dedicated to its inventor clients.
*UPDATE: InventHelp pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report's Corporate InventHelp recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to InventHelp for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with InventHelp have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. InventHelp listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

InventHelp is Ripoff Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ . [continued below]....
...... part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Matthew Tagliavia during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases towards InventHelp.

Invention Submission Corporation, also know as, Inventhelp, is an invention company that looks to assist inventors that would like to submit their ideas confidentially to companies. Matthew Tagliavia stated the following about his company, "we offer patent referral services and marketing materials."

Leads for Invention Submission Corporation are obtained primarily through traditional advertising on television. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated, "we advertise on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as radio and any other way to reach inventors. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated the following about the Invention Submission Corporation, "we have 65 sales offices all across the country in major metropolitan areas. We receive leads for those areas." The sales rep, also called regional directors, reaches out to the lead and had them come in for a confidential meeting, where they sign a statement of confidentiality, "which states we cannot do anything with their idea without their written permission." From that point the customer will tell Invention Submission Corporation their idea, "we do not evaluate ideas at all. We do not tell them if it is good or bad. We are merely providing services to them if they want to proceed."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – INVENTHELP

During the onsite interview Mr. Tagliavia was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. He stated the following about the types of complaints that they see in addition to how they handle these complaints, "every single person that purchases our services receives a survey. And that is to ensure that all of our regional directors are following protocol, making sure that they are not talking about success, leading the inventor on, or evaluating the inventor. In the event that something could happen and they are not pleased wit the services, we do have a Client Services Department that handles that, and we truly to remedy the issue whether it is a discrepancy with materials."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Coral stated the following, "I don't know if any of these [complaints] are clients. I had one client who said that they got hacked and posted a review and apologized for posting it." Mr. Tagliavia also stated that Invention Submission Corporation has been in business for 30 years and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. He additionally stated the following, "we are a legitimate company that provides legitimate services to the honest inventor that really needs help. That is why we have George Foreman as our spokesperson, because that is what he believes in."

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mr. Tagliavia stated, "we are constantly trying to better our services for the inventor. If we get complaints or anything in regards to our services we obviously try to make them better. We try to make better metal prototypes, we are updating materials using 3D renderings, we provide a virtual invention browsing experience for companies to look at ideas. We are constantly improving. We are trying to give our clients the people paying that money a good service for the money they are paying."

Invention Submission Corporation is proud to be apart of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "It means we can talk to the people who have issues. There is no reason anybody's issue should go unresolved and being a part of this allows us to do that. Before being apart of this program, they see the negative first. Now that we partner with Ripoff Report, we are able to give then the pictures, the description prior to seeing anything else. It is an honest description of our company before they read any negatives. It is good and we are excited about it.

INVENTHELP – STATEMENT FROM THE MARKETING DIRECTOR– MATTHEW TAGLIAVIA

" We are constantly striving to provide our clients with the best services in the industry. We listen to our clients and try and make the necessary changes to make sure they are pleased with our services.

InventHelp's Employees are dedicated to their work. InventHelp takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "InventHelp is a great place to work! "

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that InventHelp's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM INVENTHELP

InventHelp recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, InventHelp has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Matthew Tagliavia, Ripoff Report is convinced that InventHelp is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that IventHelp Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

InventHelp - Intromark ISC Pittsburg Pennsylvania

This company assured me they would work with me. They have proved that they had no intention of doing so. They have repeated shown that they would do nothing but send out "blind fliers", with no confirmation of addressee at companies which results in "junk mail" and is worthless. Unfortunately I had two projects going at once, and things kept getting worse. There's too much information and documentation to write here. First, they refused to contact my "established contacts at interested companies". My contacts confirmed that their flyer was never recieved due to failure to confirm addressee, as they have no "established industry contacts" as I was told they did. They couldn't supply me with one. They then decided they didn't have to talk to me, as shown in the documentation. Everything they said was a blatant lie, which I only found out myself later. They claimed "marketability under patent pending status". The companies that I contacted like the tool, and all said "call me if patent issues". The patent attorney said after rejections, that I have to file for RCE as examiner has been comparing it to the wrong items and category. So, stil spending and waiting. The other project is an exchanger to save each of us over $500/year. Patent issued in only 7 1/2 months. InventHelp didn't tell me it was published on the web, so I could show it to companies during a phone call which surpasses and invalidates "blind fliers". InventHelp had me trying to getsigned "confidentiality agreements" from companies while it was published on the USPTO website, which is totally inappropriate. They then refused to send the "brochure" to the same companies that require "submission by inventor only" and they also did not inform me of the possibility for this. These companies will not deal with InventHelp. Had to request copies of "brochure" to send myself. They removed themselves from this project, and hide behind their "confidentiality agreements". Inventors can't possibly realize how detrimental this company's business plan is to successful product development. It is designed in such a minimalistic manner to reduce their involvement that it intentionally kills projects as their only interest is in inventor's assets. They have avoided publicity, at every opportunity that I have produced. They have worked against me at every turn, and have been completely detrimental to my effort to develope a viable product that will save each of us over $500 in energy costs per year! Once a patent issues they are completely out of the process! This alone is a HUGE failure. This process is extremely difficult and I had no idea that there were scams like this out there that intentionally hurt ME and YOU financially! We need to cut down on use of foreign oil. The figures for the current heat loss in this area are over $50 BILLION per year!!! This company should be dealt with like OSAMA at a known location! Abraham Lincoln, Washington
Guadeloupe

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

what you should do

AUTHOR: Marlon - (U.S.A.)

Contact your Attorney Generals office and file a report against them. That is what I did. They have been sued before and I just can't understand how they are still in business. The better business bureau told me that they never had any marks against them. I guess since they turned over 26 million, that cleared them. If they offer you your money back, don't take it. Make sure you have enough information before you make a decision. Also contact the consumer protection agency. Good luck.

Update vrs InventHelp, Intromark, ISC

AUTHOR: Raybar - (U.S.A.)

Dear Editor, Thanks for providing an opportunity to post this complaint for responses. To me this is a priceless resource as we as inventors have been getting eaten alive by this corrupt company and need help and protection to improve American life. You have my complete support and will donate to your site when able.

Dear "John", Your input was extremely helpful, and to help you there are two new complaints entered to all addresses on top of my own list within 24hrs. If Edison, Bell, and Henry Ford had to use inventHelp, we would still be walking to work, unable to communicate, and living in the dark. My complaints are not just on a simple problem with this company, which I have plenty of, but rather are a critical analysis and assault on their business plan that is designed to aquire inventor's assets and shows no concern for earning royalties through successful products. Two projects have given me a huge amount of damaging information and documentation to work with and supply to these agencies. We as inventors are trying to improve the American lifestyle and need help and protection as new products are the American Way. Thanks for your help, and hope this helps you! R

#3 Consumer Suggestion

What you MUST do

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

What you MUST do-it is IMPERATIVE:

Contact Jennifer Kelley in the PA Attorney General's Office with a complaint. Make sure you reference them as 'formerly Invention Submission Corp.' This is imperative! They need nnumerous complaints in order to do an investigation. Here is the complaint form to fill out and address to Ms. Kelley:

attorneygeneral.gov/bcp_form.cfm

14th Floor, Strawberry Square
Harrisburg, PA 17120

As well as to your Attorney General. They can be found here:

naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php

Also file a complaint with the United States Patent and Trademark Office-copy and paste the below address and scroll down to 'complaints' and them 'complaint forms'

uspto.gov/web/offices/com/iip/index.htm

Also with the FTC:

rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

Also with consumer affairs online:

consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

also, send a complaint with copies of your paperwork-certified, return receipt requested to:

Mary Beth Buchanon

Federal Trade Commission
Suite 200
11 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2507

Complaints about them as Invention Submission Corp. can be found. Also read what a former employee says about the way they operate.

Make sure you reference this in your complaint in association with Invention Submission

Do not let them bully you into a partial refund. They tried the excuse that 'it's been 10 years' with me-as well as a gag order. I want the full refund as required by the FTC-94 ruling. This is the minimum I will accept to even think about not talking about this scam. I have the list of alleged 'companies' from their highly touted 'databank' that had NOTHING to do with what I was trying to market-much less that I needed foreign patents and was told I didn't-a violation of FTC-94.

I don't care how long it's been. All this scam information and rulings have not been available for 10 years so who cares. I, myself, didn't get internet access until 1999 and was a real rookie then as to how to search and access information. I am quite a bit better now and they will pay-either me by way of a full refund or in loss of revenue which I know has already exceeded what they could/should have refunded me.