Complaint Review:

Ripoff Report | InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2016

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
217 Ninth Street Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business REVIEW: InventHelp's employees are dedicated to its inventor clients.
*UPDATE: InventHelp pledges commitment to always improving operations by joining Ripoff Report's Corporate InventHelp recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to InventHelp for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with InventHelp have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. InventHelp listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

InventHelp is Ripoff Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ . [continued below]....
...... part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Matthew Tagliavia during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases towards InventHelp.

Invention Submission Corporation, also know as, Inventhelp, is an invention company that looks to assist inventors that would like to submit their ideas confidentially to companies. Matthew Tagliavia stated the following about his company, "we offer patent referral services and marketing materials."

Leads for Invention Submission Corporation are obtained primarily through traditional advertising on television. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated, "we advertise on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as radio and any other way to reach inventors. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated the following about the Invention Submission Corporation, "we have 65 sales offices all across the country in major metropolitan areas. We receive leads for those areas." The sales rep, also called regional directors, reaches out to the lead and had them come in for a confidential meeting, where they sign a statement of confidentiality, "which states we cannot do anything with their idea without their written permission." From that point the customer will tell Invention Submission Corporation their idea, "we do not evaluate ideas at all. We do not tell them if it is good or bad. We are merely providing services to them if they want to proceed."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – INVENTHELP

During the onsite interview Mr. Tagliavia was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. He stated the following about the types of complaints that they see in addition to how they handle these complaints, "every single person that purchases our services receives a survey. And that is to ensure that all of our regional directors are following protocol, making sure that they are not talking about success, leading the inventor on, or evaluating the inventor. In the event that something could happen and they are not pleased wit the services, we do have a Client Services Department that handles that, and we truly to remedy the issue whether it is a discrepancy with materials."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Coral stated the following, "I don't know if any of these [complaints] are clients. I had one client who said that they got hacked and posted a review and apologized for posting it." Mr. Tagliavia also stated that Invention Submission Corporation has been in business for 30 years and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. He additionally stated the following, "we are a legitimate company that provides legitimate services to the honest inventor that really needs help. That is why we have George Foreman as our spokesperson, because that is what he believes in."

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mr. Tagliavia stated, "we are constantly trying to better our services for the inventor. If we get complaints or anything in regards to our services we obviously try to make them better. We try to make better metal prototypes, we are updating materials using 3D renderings, we provide a virtual invention browsing experience for companies to look at ideas. We are constantly improving. We are trying to give our clients the people paying that money a good service for the money they are paying."

Invention Submission Corporation is proud to be apart of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "It means we can talk to the people who have issues. There is no reason anybody's issue should go unresolved and being a part of this allows us to do that. Before being apart of this program, they see the negative first. Now that we partner with Ripoff Report, we are able to give then the pictures, the description prior to seeing anything else. It is an honest description of our company before they read any negatives. It is good and we are excited about it.

INVENTHELP – STATEMENT FROM THE MARKETING DIRECTOR– MATTHEW TAGLIAVIA

" We are constantly striving to provide our clients with the best services in the industry. We listen to our clients and try and make the necessary changes to make sure they are pleased with our services.

InventHelp's Employees are dedicated to their work. InventHelp takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "InventHelp is a great place to work! "

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that InventHelp's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM INVENTHELP

InventHelp recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, InventHelp has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Matthew Tagliavia, Ripoff Report is convinced that InventHelp is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that IventHelp Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventhelp Technosystems Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Inventhelp also known Invention Submission Corporation is the world's largest Invention promotion's firm and they do just that they promote. They prey an people's dreams and hopes starting with offering free information on there web site and through advertising on radio and television. It all starts when a person who thinks or knows they have an excellent idea or invention to take to market. They see the advertisement thinking they will get some initial information mailed to them....they will not unless they live in an area where they do not have an office. This is how it works you will call in and give your information big mistake because they sell your information to third parties hence telemarketing calls. They will not give you any prices over the phone and will tell you you need to make an appointment in an office nearest you. For example if you live in Florida they have offices in Boca Raton, Hollywood, Jacksonville, Panama Beach, and Miami. They also have offices in New York such as Manhattan and Hicksville. They have offices in Texas such as Arlingtron, Houston, and Austin. You will be asked three basic questions over the phone 1. Is your idea something that can be made in to a product, 2. Are you interested in patening your idea? 3. Do you want to submit your idea to industry? Now is when they ask you to set up an appointment and to bring a sketch or a drawing the appointment setter or office will tell you it's a free appointment and it is. When you get to your appointment your idea will be evaluated and big words will be used and then they ask you to buy a bip which is an initial investment to get started prices vary. The thing to remember here is you will lay down large cash to do this only for them to tell you oh well sorry it did not work out. Here is an example of what I mean: really hate to do this but I have no other choice but to make a complain about your Austin office. On Wednesday, I talked with your representative in Austin, TX , his name is Case Haynie, He called me in the morning telling me that my presentation is ready to pick it up, finally after almost 4 months and almost $1,000 paid at front!, I really was very exciting about this, review my presentation and finally advance to the next step in order to have my invention on the market, so I called him and make an appointment for Saturday. (I don't live in Austin that is why my only day I can go to Austin is the Saturdays),well, I talked with Case Haynie and he told me that he can't receive me this saturday, because he has a very busy schedule and just on extreme circumstance he go to work on saturday!, It did not look like that when I met with him the last 2 appointments, (when I signed the contract and paid the almost $1,000 fee), when I asked him what Saturday he will be available for "his client" he told me that probably by the middle or end of July!, Come on!, if this guy really want my business at least he can work something better, right???, it will take me less than 15 minutes to review the presentation but because this is not a extreme circumstance (at least for him) he can not give me a better day. The funny thing is that he told me that he can stay "late" on the office on the weekdays just for me. When I asked him what time is "late" the said 6pm. I work Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm, and will take me probably more that 2 hours to be in Austin (including traffic), of course, he can not work 30 minutes one Saturday but he wants me to lose 2 maybe 3 hours of work? We finally set the appointment for July 5th at 3pm (of course I will lose half of day at work) but this is just if he can make his return from vacations on time. mam, let me ask you something? your company always treats to its clients like that? probably not but if your company don't want to lose one client who is really interested in advance to the next step, this guy needs to treat me better, if not, I will take my presentation and find another company who really care about their client, like this guy told me, "I'm sorry that sometimes things don't work the way we like, but that is the way it is" I'm here to make business with your company and don't want any drama or delay. Hope you can send this e-mail to the correct person in order to "fix this problem" Probably for this Saturday June 23 is too late but will be good an appointment for the next saturday June 30, at least to pick up my presentation (will take me 5 minutes of less) Thank you for your help Ciro Rivero San Antonio, TX So the best thing for you to do is not dial 800 numbers or fill out forms on websites because your information will be sold. The best advice I can give you is contact a real patent attorney and do research at uspto.gov If you need additional information google trade comission VS. Invention Submission Corporation 1993 and you will see that they settled for misrepresentation in Federal court. Dabeav Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on InventHelp Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp assisting inventors to submit inventions, new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer the best independent licensed patent attorney to provide preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

Had you pegged as a plant anyway.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You're a plant to begin with and your post mysteriously showing up only 20 minutes after the "other" joker blows your cover. They were typed out one after the other. Especially in a thread that hasn't seen action in awhile.

Your original "complaint" certainly wasn't from someone who has actually been through the "process".

Go do your research lackey.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You couldn't be more wrong. Where is the money that was suppose to be used for the bogus Inpex crap - that I never attended so it should have been refunded at a minimum.

How about this alleged databank that they brag about that is absolutely useless. None of the companies that anything - if it ever actually was - was sent to had anything to do with what I was making.

Then, when I do their job and mail them a list of companies and the addresses that info should be sent to, it conveniently gets "lost" and no one has an explanation for it, will do anything about it, and thinks I should just sweep it under the rug. I'm not stupid.

The complaints must be hurting your fly-by-night business....as it should be.

and also, perhaps you can explain this:

or this:

Never in trouble and honest huh? There is alot more info on the net - even from another ex-employee - that totally makes you look like the fool you are.

Retraction on Inventhelp

AUTHOR: Dabeav - (U.S.A.)

After reading some of the comments about Inventhelp on here that were made by me I must say I don't remember making those comments but they are false and actually Inventhelp does provide excellent service to the general public.

They do not exaggerate nor do they make false promises to clients. They never ripped me off nor did they ever treat me unfairly. They do not sell to third parties and they do not engage in fraudelent behavior in any manner. I am deeply concerned to read these false statements made by myself too much Vodka can do that I guess?

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Inventhelp the best in the business....

AUTHOR: Christopher Mcshane - (U.S.A.)

To all whom it may concern I am an ex employee of Inventhelp also known as Invention Submission Corporation. I worked there as an appointment setter from October 2006 until September of 2007. All statements I have read on here about selling to third parties and misrepresentation and ideas evaluated are false.

Inventhelp conducts business honestly and fairly as stated on there web site and it's intent is not to rip off the public. If you have any questions on Inventhelp policies and procedures I direct you to contact an Inventhelp representative.

I thought I should clear up any damaging remarks made on here about Inventhelp because it is an innaccurate point of view and also very untrue. This company has been in business for 25 plus years and no way would still be around if they were found guilty of any wrong doings.

Sincerely,

Christopher

you can email me at (((ROR removed for security reasons)))if you have any questions.

Would you please

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Would you please look at the other reports on this entity and report what you know to the appropriate people listed in the other reports to help out those who have been screwed. Thanks.

It is a ripoff because I am a part of Inventhelp AKA Invention Submission Corporation I know!!!!

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

That email was just a taste of how this company operates I know full well I spend time there. Just look around the internet there are countless people that have been ripped off by Inventhelp. Why should someone have to pay thousands of dollars only to be blown off or told there idea is no good for market after investing alot of money on there product or idea? The rule of thumb is if the company is advertising to people who they think are vulnerable to be had such as people up all night because they don't have a job or people that watch white trash tv in the afternoons? Don't do business with any company like that.

I feel bad for the people that actually are pretty smart but willing to gamble with a promotions firm. Why did this company settle in federal court in 1994 it was because the FTC was on them so they caved in order to stay around. I know there are documents that people sign to be hushed up look around. Call them try to get some prices over the phone? Try to get information you need without having to go to an office?

Hey if you want to be sucked in to there game go for it lose your cash don't say you were not warned. I feel bad for people that drive three to five hours only to find out that should have made some popcorn and watched 1993's scam with Christopher Walken, but hey we are all one nation under fraud.

So how is this a rip-off??

AUTHOR: Rv1391 - (U.S.A.)

So what's the problem?? You paid for services through a company who saved you a lot of money and they gave you exactlly what you paid for?? Getting the product you piad for is not a rip-off. Not getting the product you paid for is a rip-off. And it sounds to me like you got your product. Your only problem was that Mr. Haynie couldn't meet you on a Saturday. You should be grateful for the services you recieved and the money you saved not complaining because someone who was helping you couldnt meet you on a Saturday.

THAT IS NOT A RIPP OFF! You were just inconvienced not ripped-off. Learn the difference before you file a report on someone. Mr.Haynie made this process very easy for me and gave me great service and I am very grateful to find that the worst thing anybody could write about him was that he couldn't meet a client on a Saturday. Thanks