Complaint Review:

Ripoff Report | Invention Submission Corporation Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer excellent independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 24, 2016

• Reported By:Long Beach California
217 Ninth Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15222-3506, U.S.A. Irvine, California U.S.A.

Invention Submission Corporation Verified TRUSTED Business REVIEW: Customer Satisfaction Commitment: Invention Submission Corporation strives to provide the best customer satisfaction.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service InventHelp pledges to always resolve any issues: feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Invention Submission Corporation recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a safe business service.

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW

EDitor's UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Invention Submission Corporation for its full commitment to quality customer service.

Ripoff Report's discussions with InventHelp have uncovered an ongoing dedication by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any concerns. InventHelp listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Invention Submission Corporation is Ripoff Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ . [continued below]....
...... part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program.A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report below is based on comments made by Matthew Tagliavia during an onsite inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases towards Invention Submission Corporation.

Invention Submission Corporation, also know as, Inventhelp, is an invention company that looks to assist inventors that would like to submit their ideas confidentially to companies. Matthew Tagliavia stated the following about his company, "we offer patent referral services and marketing materials."

Leads for Invention Submission Corporation are obtained primarily through traditional advertising on television. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated, "we advertise on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, as well as radio and any other way to reach inventors. Mr. Tagliavia additionally stated the following about the Invention Submission Corporation, "we have 65 sales offices all across the country in major metropolitan areas. We receive leads for those areas." The sales rep, also called regional directors, reaches out to the lead and had them come in for a confidential meeting, where they sign a statement of confidentiality, "which states we cannot do anything with their idea without their written permission." From that point the customer will tell Invention Submission Corporation their idea, "we do not evaluate ideas at all. We do not tell them if it is good or bad. We are merely providing services to them if they want to proceed."

CUSTOMER CARE & COMPLAINT RESOLUTION – INVENTION SUBMISSION CORPORATION

During the onsite interview Mr. Tagliavia was asked to describe a situation where a client was not satisfied with the level of service they received. He stated the following about the types of complaints that they see in addition to how they handle these complaints, "every single person that purchases our services receives a survey. And that is to ensure that all of our regional directors are following protocol, making sure that they are not talking about success, leading the inventor on, or evaluating the inventor. In the event that something could happen and they are not pleased wit the services, we do have a Client Services Department that handles that, and we truly to remedy the issue whether it is a discrepancy with materials."

When asked to comment on complaints posted on Ripoff Report's website Mr. Coral stated the following, "I don't know if any of these [complaints] are clients. I had one client who said that they got hacked and posted a review and apologized for posting it." Mr. Tagliavia also stated that Invention Submission Corporation has been in business for 30 years and have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. He additionally stated the following, "we are a legitimate company that provides legitimate services to the honest inventor that really needs help. That is why we have George Foreman as our spokesperson, because that is what he believes in."

When asked what type of changes they have made to honor their commitment to make things right with the consumer per the request of Ripoff Report, Mr. Tagliavia stated, "we are constantly trying to better our services for the inventor. If we get complaints or anything in regards to our services we obviously try to make them better. We try to make better metal prototypes, we are updating materials using 3D renderings, we provide a virtual invention browsing experience for companies to look at ideas. We are constantly improving. We are trying to give our clients the people paying that money a good service for the money they are paying."

Invention Submission Corporation is proud to be apart of Ripoff Reports Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program, "It means we can talk to the people who have issues. There is no reason anybody's issue should go unresolved and being a part of this allows us to do that. Before being apart of this program, they see the negative first. Now that we partner with Ripoff Report, we are able to give then the pictures, the description prior to seeing anything else. It is an honest description of our company before they read any negatives. It is good and we are excited about it.

INVENTION SUBMISSION CORPORATION – STATEMENT FROM THE MARKETING DIRECTOR– MATTHEW TAGLIAVIA

" We are constantly striving to provide our clients with the best services in the industry. We listen to our clients and try and make the necessary changes to make sure they are pleased with our services.

InventHelp's Employees are dedicated to their work. InventHelp takes employee satisfaction seriously as well. Employee feedback and surveys reveal comments such as this, "InventHelp is a great place to work! "

Ripoff Report was pleased to learn that InventHelp's past and current approach to business is focused on its pledge to total commitment towards client and employee satisfaction.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM INVENTION SUBMISSION CORPORATION

InventHelp recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report (whether true or not) are issues that need to be addressed, not ignored. If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report's review, InventHelp has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our review, which included discussions with Matthew Tagliavia, Ripoff Report is convinced that InventHelp is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

How does a business get Ripoff Report Verified™

The member business allows Ripoff report to email everyone from the past. Those who respond to Ripoff report with a valid complaint must be take care of.. they have made a commitment that if anyone contacts Ripoff Report in the future, they will make things right within 14 days. The member business must err on the side of their customers. Otherwise the member business is off the program.

Ripoff Report has determined that Invention Submission Corporation Ripoff Report Verified™ standards which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. Members of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction program do pay a fee for our on-site review, 24 hour monitoring and for support with customers to resolve any disagreements.

Ripoff Report sends a 3rd party service to do an onsite inspection of the new member business. The on-site inspection / review does not mean that the products or services offered by the business have been evaluated or endorsed by Ripoff Report, and has not made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services. We can verify, that Ripoff Report went to the business, verified their business or “work from home business”, there for, if a customer in the future does not get treated correctly, Ripoff Report can get the problem resolved. If not, and the customers is right, the member business will be taken off the Corporate Advocacy Program. Remember, Ripoff Report emailed every customer from the past that filed a complaint to make sure the member business made things right with customers from the past. Again, to err on the side of their customer, those from the past and those in the future.

Read about Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program, a program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. This program works.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invention Submission Corporation ICS Irvine California

In late 2003 I took an idea to ISC. They did research for me, it cost $1000 to start. After they explained that it was an exciting idea that has never been done and that I would qualify for a utility patent. I wrote the checks to start process. They explained that it would cost me $12,095.00 for the patent and to present this to market, however, I would make much more which would pay for the remaining balance. I signed up for a loan which I am still paying today to keep my credit rating from sinking into the ground. I was told it could take a few years to see any results, and to be patient. By year two I had paid over $5,000.00 to ISC itself. In return I received a cheesy, impossible to setup demo disk. (Unless you are a computer programmer which I am). Once I setup the software it was nothing like the sample shown at the original meeting. The Sophisticated foreign voice was a choppy computer audio generation by a text reader program. The smooth moving multilayer diagram spec animation was not created in a format which prototype engineers could work with. (Back to square one $1$,$$$) And yes I even received a cheesy two page invention pamphlet and a book with market studies on the market opening for my invention. An invention for laptop users everywhere A multimillion dollar invention. Pre-patent in early 2006 I receive notice that they were going to show my invention on the east coast (could not see that no money to travel; paying them). Later in 2006, I saw a cheep imitation of my invention on the internet (Someone is getting rich off my Idea ant me). I paid a third party lawyer ISC provided back in 2004, $800+ additional dollars to get the patent. Which they did not. I signed all legal papers they sent to me, poorly written. I called them repeatedly to see if they needed any information, they never called me (on my business cell phone or home phone) unless they needed money. My first attempt for patent did not go through due to lack of specifics on the legal jargon. I called and asked if they needed any additional information. They said that they had sufficient information to proceed. The next letter I got from them was a three line letter just saying your request for US patent had not gone though. You will not receive a paten. During 3 of 4 years with ISC I have been getting letters from subsidiary companies as well as dealing with third parties. I received a call from another subsidiary who handled product / investor relations. I called the subsidiary back. He said that he had received a call from an investor with big pockets connected with Philip Morris and some big name infomercials but he was requesting a working prototype in order to proceed. The Package delivered to market (500+investors) to get investors to lease the rights to produce my invention does not do its job. I asked the subsidiary representative, if they could produce a working prototype for this investor. He said they could not but recommended that I find a fabrication engineer in my area to build a prototype for me. I went to a legal documentation website and downloaded a confidentiality statement for under $60. I then found a fabrication company down the street from my house. Had him sign the agreement and passed him the presentation package I received from ISC subsidiaries. He looked at the diagrams and the specs and stated that he would need to redraw the entire thing because they did not add real world measurements and did not provide an auto-cad file which is what these prototype fabrication companies use. I thought he may have been pulling my leg so I went to two other professional companies in Brea and Irvine. Same story, back to square one redraw specs because of lack of auto-cad and measurements. In each case the estimated build would be over $11,000 for a first time prototype with Research and Development (A lot less money when mass produced). I could have skipped ISC and went to the fabricator after getting the legal documents my self for $60. Wish I knew that 4 years ago I could have been rich by now, instead of deep in debt, and living paycheck to paycheck, with someone else making money from my invention. Paying on an invention loan for no work performed, just so I dont sink deeper in debt. Thank You ISC!!! You have really made a difference in both my life and my childrens lives. (We are living one paycheck away from moving into a cardboard box). Davids_being_screwed Long Beach, California

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Invention Submission Corporation Verified TRUSTED Business | Ripoff Report Verified™ …businesses you can trust. InventHelp in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. InventHelp can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product idea to industry leaders. InventHelp can refer excellent independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm.

What you MUST do - Do not let them bully you into a partial refund.

What you MUST do-it is IMPERATIVE:

Contact Jennifer Kelley in the PA Attorney General's Office with a complaint. Make sure you reference them as 'formerly Invention Submission Corp.' This is imperative! They need nnumerous complaints in order to do an investigation. Here is the complaint form to fill out and address to Ms. Kelley:

naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php

Also file a complaint with the United States Patent and Trademark Office-copy and paste the below address and scroll down to 'complaints' and them 'complaint forms'

consumeraffairs.com/php/a_report.php

also, send a complaint with copies of your paperwork-certified, return receipt requested to:

Mary Beth Buchanon

Federal Trade Commission
Suite 200
11 Superior Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2507

Complaints about them as Invention Submission Corp. can be found. Also read what a former employee says about the way they operate.

Make sure you reference this in your complaint in association with Invention Submission

Do not let them bully you into a partial refund. They tried the excuse that 'it's been 10 years' with me-as well as a gag order. I want the full refund as required by the FTC-94 ruling. This is the minimum I will accept to even think about not talking about this scam. I have the list of alleged 'companies' from their highly touted 'databank' that had NOTHING to do with what I was trying to market-much less that I needed foreign patents and was told I didn't-a violation of FTC-94.

I don't care how long it's been. All this scam information and rulings have not been available for 10 years so who cares. I, myself, didn't get internet access until 1999 and was a real rookie then as to how to search and access information. I am quite a bit better now and they will pay-either me by way of a full refund or in loss of revenue which I know has already exceeded what they could/should have refunded me.

Keep us updated. We must keep these slugs in the public eye to save others from the same fate.

What you MUST do-it is IMPERATIVE:

Contact Jennifer Kelley in the PA Attorney General's Office with a complaint. Make sure you reference them as 'formerly Invention Submission Corp.' This is imperative! Here is the complaint form to fill out and address to Ms. Kelley: