Complaint Review: iPayment, Inc

• Reported By: Cristin — Avondale Arizona United States of America
  • iPayment, Inc

Internet
    United States of America

iPayment, Inc Vague contract, no transparency, difficulty getting answers, unlawful & deceitful withdrawals, I made no sells yet rec'd over $700 in fees within 5 months! Internet

I am a small business owner (less than $200 in sales per month). I honestly don't know how it all came together but I set up a merchant services account with Authorize.net. The questionaire was simple and within a few minutes I was set up. About three months later I started noticing fees hitting my business account that I had no understanding of. They were from I-Payment and ranged $25-$75. It caught my attention when I reviewed online banking and saw it was in negative. I have never in my life been in negative on business account and I hadn't even sold one product yet. I called the company and was bounced between a number of people. I finally dealt with an unpleasant rep who emailed me a cancellation form. The form said nothing about an early cancel fee. The form was very generic saying to sign and date for cancelation of services so I did just that. Two months later I was overdrawn again. [continued below]....
..... The I-Payment company withdrew $350 and when I sent an unauthorized transaction dispute it was denied and I was told the I-Payment company presented a contract I agreed to for an early cancel fee of $350 (if closing within 3 years of opening).

I never received a statement, not once. At one point during the cancellation call I asked them to tell me what address they were sending all of these so called statements to. I was given the correct street address and wrong city. So this could explain why they did not get to me.

At this time I will not rest until I receive every penny back that is rightfully mine. I am filing a small claims suit, submitting complaint to the FTC, and hitting up every consumer site I possibly can. Please save yourself time and frustration and money...I have learned there are a number of wonderful honest and very transparent companies out there such as Intuit or Square Up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2012 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ipayment-inc/internet/ipayment-inc-vague-contract-no-transparency-difficulty-getting-answers-unlawful-dec-966805. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content