Complaint Review: Irvine Florist

• Web:
  • Category: Florists

Irvine Florist Ripoff Fraud and False Advertising Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: Help Other Consumers and Report This

I Ordered Valentines Day flowers for my wife on line from Irvine Florist (http://www.irvineflorist.com). My order total came to $64.54 and was delivered on Valentines Day. When my wife recieved the flowers she seemed surprised and had asked me how much I had paid? I told her the total and to our suprise the flowers where approximately half the size as what was advertised, and what I had paid for! I ordered the "I Love You Boquet"; which had an advertised bloom measuremets of 5x10". The order recieved only measured 4x8." When I inquired back to Irvine florist, they were less than helpful and gave me the run around.

I simply wanted a refund, but they refused a refund and the adknowledgement of their false advertising. I later found out from the actual delivery shop that Irvine florist had paid them only $33.00 for the bouquet + $6.95 delivery ($39.95 total). I had paid for a $49.95 bouquet + $9.95 delivery charge($59.90 total). Irvine florist made a $20 dollar profit off my order for nothing!! The delivery florist was shocked and said usually it is only $1 to $2 off and not the $20 that they charged me! This is definately fruad in every sence of the word! It is unfortunate that a business would stoop so low as try to decieve their customers. Please learn from my mistake and DO NOT order flowers on-line from this company! You will surely get ripped off! They will give you the run-around when you try to get a refund, or question their unethical business practice.

David
Canton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2005 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/irvine-florist/irvine-california-92612/irvine-florist-ripoff-fraud-and-false-advertising-irvine-california-132233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Help Other Consumers and Report This

AUTHOR: Actual - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately, many consumers express frustration after seeing the results of the flowers they purchased on the web from distant companies.

One has to wonder why a fellow in Michigan, needing flowers delivered in Michigan, chose to place an order with a business located in Irvine, California. A local Michigan florist would have been a much better buy.

If you were charged a 'delivery charge' and not a service fee, wire service rules state that money MUST be transferred to the local florist that delivers your flowers. (Some sites charge 'service fees' and they are permitted to keep those.) Based on your statement, the local florist should have been sent $59.90 to fill your order.

I'd suggest you ask the local florist to make a copy of her wire service transmission and submit that and your receipt to the corporate office of the wire serivce Irvine Florist used. (The local florist can provide you with that information.) Reporting this to the proper wire service will help other consumers.

Next time, go local, save the fees and get your money's worth. That local florist would probably love the opportunity to send a grogeous arrangement to your wife at FULL value.