Complaint Review: ITT Technical Institute

• Reported By: Chattanooga Tennessee
  • ITT Technical Institute
    9814 M. Street
    Omaha, Nebraska

ITT Technical Institute Ripoff, misinformed, lost money, financial debt Omaha Nebraska

I am appalled that ITT was able to get away with ripping off so many students by capitalizing on people's desire to succeed and support themselves or their families. I enrolled at ITT originally for a CAD program because I was told it could be used to further my educational desire to obtain an interior design degree. I applied for loans to help pay for the exorbatant fees. When I realized that the program was not for me - they introduced to me their newly acquired business program. I should have transferred schools at that point but I figured that I already had my roots at ITT so why leave. Huge mistake!

I found out that the credits I gained were not transferrable to most US universities and colleges (I was interested in gaining a masters). The staff there adamantly tried to keep me there but I had enough! I wasn't wasting another dime at ITT. I am about 20k in debt and am no further to a associates let alone a bachelors degree. I am horrified that I have managed to place my family in such a bad financial situation on top of not being able to gain meaningful employment to help support us!!

Angel
Chattanooga, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/itt-technical-institute/omaha-nebraska-68127/itt-technical-institute-ripoff-misinformed-lost-money-financial-debt-omaha-nebraska-412372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content