Complaint Review: iUniverse

• Reported By: Joe — Sahuarita Arizona United States of America
  • iUniverse

Internet
    United States of America

iUniverse Lack of accurate sales data resulting in low royalty payments and lackluster sales status/programs Internet

*Consumer Comment: Class Action Suit...

iUniverse has been ripping me off since I published my book in 2007.  They have failed to, or intentionally have not, accurately tracked my online and in-store (Barnes & Noble) book sales.

Their Star Program requires a certain amount of retail books to be sold, which I am certain I have met, yet they continue to tell me that I am not eligible yet.

Based on my calculations alone I have near double the sales they are reporting.  Their web site is antequated and usually months behind in sales tracking.

I constantly get the run-around on my numerous email and phone inquiries, yet they constantly hound me (with phone calls from foriegners I can hardly understand) to pay them to promote my first book... and, they want me to publish my second book with them!!!

I understand that they are a business... but they put the author third or fourth wanting them to seel their own books or pay them big bucks for little return.

Stay clear!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2012 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/iuniverse/internet/iuniverse-lack-of-accurate-sales-data-resulting-in-low-royalty-payments-and-lackluster-sa-889155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Class Action Suit...

AUTHOR: Justin Nutt - (United States of America)

I had a similar experience and so have dozens of others I have been talking with recently and the truth is that iUniverse doesn't report their sales to the author accurately.  I and others are planning a class action suit and if you are interested in joining please email me at nutt.justin@gmail.com.  Also here is a interview I gave that you might like to read http://blog.emilysuess.com/2012/07/02/iuniverse-complaints-interview-with-justin-nutt/