Complaint Review: Ivy League Proofreaders

• Reported By: Pat — Bloomington Indiana
  • Ivy League Proofreaders

Internet
    United States of America

Ivy League Proofreaders Proofreading Service Was Not as Advertised - Customer Support Non-existent , Internet

*Author of original report: Site Credit was refunded 4/1

*Author of original report: No Refund

This service has been very good in the past, but my recent experience was so atrocious that I will never use again.  I paid for the "Ivy League Touch" service described at http://www.ivyleagueproofreaders.com/proofreading_services.html for proofreading a 600 word document.  Paying 9 cents a word meant that this job cost over $50.  I asked if they could get it done in a short time (which they advertised they can do) and they agreed.

My paper was submitted back to me with only very minor modifications.  There was not a single comment and glaring errors were left unchanged.  The litany of benefits that this most expensive service was supposed to cover was obviously just a marketing ploy.  Additionally, all of the changes were in one single paragraph.  It was obvious that the rest of the document was not read.

I contacted the customer service immediately after receiving the 'corrected' version and have not heard a single word.

I have spent hundreds of dollars with this company, referred individuals to it, and now am being treated very poorly.

Proceed with extreme caution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ivy-league-proofreaders/internet/ivy-league-proofreaders-proofreading-service-was-not-as-advertised-customer-support-non-1039827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Site Credit was refunded 4/1

AUTHOR: Pat - ()

One of the founders e-mailed me on 5/28/13 to let me know that I had been refunded in the form of site credit on 4/1/13.  This appears to be true.  This cleared up the misunderstanding that I was not refunded from 4/1/13.

My credit card was refunded on 4/16/13.

I consider the matter closed.

No Refund

AUTHOR: Pat - ()

This company finally responded to my customer service e-mails with an apology and a promise to refund.  This was a week ago.  No refund has been made.  Further contact with them has resulted in complete silence.  Ivy League Proofreaders has really been awful at every step of the consumer process.