Complaint Review: iyogi

• Reported By: Larry — Washington Pennsylvania United States of America
  • iyogi

Internet
    United States of America

iyogi lexmark.iyogi Said there a Lexmark support co. and then wanted $75.00 to fix my problem after they took control of my computer, I did give them the OK to take control They said the printer was OK and if wanted the Internet

*Consumer Comment: A question, if I may...

In trying to get to Lexmark Support and got Lexmark.iyogi.net.  I called the 800 # and the person that answered said when I asked if the were Lexmark they said the did the support work for them.  I told them I was having a problem with my printer not printing.  They asked to take control of my computer to troubleshoot the problem and I let them.  They said quickly that the printer was OK and they would continue to troubleshot but there was a fee of $75.00, and I could also purchase there support services for a year.  I said no and then disconnected from them.

A  little later I received a call from someone from the same company and they reference my call to them and asked what anti virus software I was using and I said I had a Mac, the said OK and hung up!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/iyogi/internet/iyogi-lexmarkiyogi-said-there-a-lexmark-support-co-and-then-wanted-7500-to-fix-my-prob-799186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

A question, if I may...

AUTHOR: spc3rd - (USA)

Hi Larry,

When that Iyogi rep called you inquiring as to what AV software you were using, did you ask the person WHY they needed to know that information?

That sort of question should logically been asked at the time of your initial contact, but more importantly...I'd want to know why such info was even needed in the first place.  To me, this raises a red flag.  Just a thought to consider.