Complaint Review: J S Desighn

• Reported By: Route 66 — Signal Hill California
  • J S Desighn

, Select State/Province
    USA

JS Desihn , Buctchered Up Web Sight Had To Get Some One Els To Finish Up Work Had To Pay Twice .Whach Out

He Reneged On His Price When I Changed Nothing  He Also Never Disclosed Where He Was Located.

Watch Out Dont Pay Any Thing Up Front Hang On to Your Money Till You See The Finished Work

Bont Get Burner

Joe H

(((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/j-s-desighn/select-stateprovince/j-s-design-web-design-he-never-disclosed-1136235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This is a complete lie from a client that ripped me off

AUTHOR: jordansemar - ()

I'd just like to clear the air here even though there's really no need to due to the obvious unprofessional manner of the report.  However, if I can help save one other designer from this headache, I'll be happy. Unfortunately the personality is just as unprofessional and obnoxious as the review's text format. The complaint here comes from a man by the name of Joe Hale from National Products who wouldn't even use his matching contact information due to other reports on this site. The only reason he created this was because I sent him a link to one after I realized he did the same thing to me after he refused to pay me and I did some research.

For more reports, visit this link:

Honestly, none of the information in the complaint is correct with the exception of my phone number. He misspelled my company name (JS Designs), my website (jordansemar.com), stated that I worked on a completely wrong project and just flat out lied about the payments.

I was contacted by Joe via phone (blocked number) who stated he was from California and found me on the Yelp! business listing. Unlike the other complaints against Joe and contrary to his complaint, I didn't do any work on his website, he did claim that was another project I could potentially work on for him however. From the beginning, Joe stated how he had issues with other designers but made them out to sound like the problem.

The work that I did for Joe was some Photoshop work to edit photos that he took to use for packaging. I didn't ask for money up front, I told him my hourly rate and he agreed to pay that. I helped consult Joe at no additional cost on his photography because it wasn't professional photography. He took all of the photos himself. He claimed to be very tech saavy but it was apparent that was also a lie. I helped describe how to set up the lighting, using a tripod, background etc. so he would have the best result.

Once done with a few photos, I used Dropbox to send them over for him to review. This worked smoothly for the first few rounds of images until I sent over a majority of them along with an invoice. Since that email was sent, I didn't hear back from Joe at all whereas before, he was in communication with me multiple times a day when he needed something. I knew something was up after numerous unanswered calls and emails. At this point, I called him from a blocked number. If he didn't have his phone number in his signature, it would be impossible to reach him because he always calls from a blocked number. That's actually what made me realize how to get in touch with him.

After reaching out twice, Joe answered and didn't even remember who I was at first after I told him. He then got defenseive and claimed I never sent anything over and refused to pay me for work that "I had not done". At this point, I removed all of the files from the Dropbox folder that he had access to since he refused to pay me. I told him that I would re-upload all of the files as soon as I received my payment but he continued to refuse because he couldn't download the files anymore. At this point I just gave up and did a little more research on Joe Hale and National Products. I came upon a report warning of this exact nature so I sent him the link letting him know that I knew what he'd done. He apparently decided to "get back at me" by writing this complaint.

Please do your research on Joe Hale, he has proven to be extremely unprofessional and not to be trusted. I hope other designers do more in-depth research than I originally had done or else I would have saved myself a lot of time and a lot of hassle. Joe wasn't even great to work with when I thought I was going to be paid. DO NOT do work for Joe Hale if contacted, you will be in the same position as me 2 months later. Please reach out to me if you have any questions regarding this issue, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.