Complaint Review: James Monroe

• Reported By: Illinois Lady — Illinois USA
  • James Monroe

Nationwide
    USA

James Monroe PCH Publishers Clearing House Phishing scam informing me of bogus PCH winnings Nationwide

Received a call from James Monroe (pronounced it Manroe) with an undetermined accent he could not maintain. Stated my name had been chosen in the PCH Publishers Clearing House random computer drawing. I had won $1.2M and a Mercedes Benz.

Told him I had not entered such a drawing. He asked if I believed in God and that my was about to change, I was to have all the things I ever dreamed of. Told him again I had not entered anything. He told me to get a clean piece of paper to take down information. I told him I was ready. He hung up.

I wanted to get as much information from him as I could so I could turn him in. Too bad maybe someone else has had luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2017 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/james-monroe/nationwide/james-monroe-pch-publishers-clearing-house-phishing-scam-informing-me-of-bogus-pch-winnin-1394295. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content