Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sun, June 25, 2017

• Reported By: Defrauded Customer — Bellevue Washington USA
James W Hunt Financial Services Credit Repair
40 Peachtree Valley Rd NE Atlanta, Georgia USA

James W Hunt Financial Services Credit Repair James Hunt, James W Hunt, James Hunt Credit Repair, James W Hunt Credit Repair. Fraud, Credit, Credit Repair, Scam, Bank Fraud, Wire Fraud Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Sad, but...

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I was defrauded by Mr. James Hunt. I engaged Mr. Hunt to repair my credit and I paid him a $500 fee to provide such services.  After I had paid him in advance, Mr Hunt sent me a “credit repair” package to send to the Credit Agencies.  This package included documents for me to sign whereby i would be claiming that my identity had been stolen, along with providing me instructions that I should go to my local police department to report my wallet had been stolen or lost (which it had obviously not been).

Mr. Hunt stated in his instructions that then i should send his letters which referenced the “falsely” claimed stolen identity to the credit agencies, along with the police report claiming that my identity had then been stolen- and that the charges, notations on my credit report were therefore inaccurate and not my accounts.

I believe that this is bank fraud and wire fraud and also illegal because of going to a police department and falsely claiming that my license had been stolen.  Mr James Hunt’s direction and business model appears to me to be outright criminal, fraudulent and completely inappropriate.  This is NOT what I hired him for.

When I explained that I was unwilling to commit these acts of fraud I requested my money back and showed him that his documents directing me to commit fraud had been unsent, he did not return my $500 fee and tried to get me to send him the evidence back to him (his documents) with his re-assurance that he would send the fee back upon my return of the evidence.

Please, be very careful with this person, he clearly is behaving in a manner that likely will get him into some form of trouble and I would not want to be identified as one of his clients when and if that trouble appears.  I would not want my name associated with him nor these practices for fear of some future problem or investigation by being associated with him and his business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2017 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/james-w-hunt-financial-services-credit-repair/atlanta-georgia-30309-141/james-w-hunt-financial-services-credit-repair-james-hunt-james-w-hunt-james-hunt-credi-1379902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on James W Hunt Financial Services Credit Repair

Sad, but...

AUTHOR: Lois Griffin - (USA)

I'm sorry this happened but that is what all these "credit repair" companies do. They charge you for what you can do for free (dispute the debt), and once the creditor has validation of debt (ie. payments you made on it, prior acknowledgement of the debt), it goes right back on your credit. Again, im sorry you were scammed, but you have HUGE company... This is the newest thing to scam desparite people out of their money