Complaint Review:

• Reported By: Patrick — Cookeville Tennessee United States of America
Jasper Contractors
3400 CornHusker Hwy Lincoln, Nebraska United States of America

Jasper Contractors Jasper Roofing Fired After ONLY 2 weeks?! Lincoln, Nebraska

*General Comment: Jasper Cotractors is not a JOKE.

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

Jasper Contractors is a joke.

^^ oh how i wish i could underline that a few more times.

Firstly, i was contacted about working for this company through my friends brother-in-law, he sat me down, discussed a few things and explained to me that the expectations for a person starting out in the company were not that high and that i would be sent to Lincoln, Nebraska for a training period until after Christmas, when i would be sent to Phoenix, Arizona for more permanent work. Jasper informed me that they pay a 30k base salary plus commission and sweetened the deal when they mentioned paid health care and a paid hotel (the only real money out of pocket was my travel). For a 20 year old, that's a big step up from working at wal-mart like most my age.

So, I basically leave my friends, family, and girlfriend in Tennessee (almost a thousand miles away) to come to Lincoln to work for these clowns. I've never been in sales, nor done anything involving construction, so naturally i would have to learn about the company and their processes as well as basics about roofs. My "training" with the manager lasted 2 days and consisted of inspecting 2 roofs and signing ONE contract. (Great training huh?)

As a side note I'd also like to add that during my 2 week stay in Lincoln, it didn't get above 35 degrees. Most days it was in the teens. Now, nobody wants to open their door to a door-to-door salesman in the blistering cold, i know i wouldn't. And then they expect us to explain that its OK to remove their roof and put a new one on in this type of weather? Any INTELLIGENT person would tell these people to get back in their trucks and go back to where they came from.

On my last day with Jasper Contractors, I met with an insurance adjuster and got my first roof bought, went back to the office to input some information about the sale into the computer, and was FIRED soon thereafter and was told that i was not "living up to expectations" that were never explained to me NOR was i ever told that i would need to step it up a little bit.

All in All, I spent upwards of 400 dollars in gas to travel, and the night before i was fired spent 100 dollars on food that is sure to go to waste on my 13 hour drive back to Tennessee, none of which the company will reimburse me for. I warn anyone who is considering applying to work for these clowns to think twice before accepting the job, they'll just take you a thousand + miles away from home and send you packing soon after.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2010 04:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jasper-contractors/lincoln-nebraska-68504/jasper-contractors-jasper-roofing-fired-after-only-2-weeks-lincoln-nebraska-668121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jasper Contractors

#1 General Comment

Jasper Cotractors is not a JOKE.

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

As a former sales manager and sales trainer for a gigantic roofing company, I know how hard it is for young 20 year olds to do this job. They have no idea what they are doing but they think this is a cake walk. This is a very skilled job, you have to listen a pay attention and give it 100% to be successful. I am sure that his trainer made it clear that he was not cut out for this type of work. As a manager you can not wait for someone to get it, they either have the talent or they do not. This guy was given a great opportunity and blew it. So what if it never got above 35 degrees, people will open there door to you if you knock. These are just excesses and his manager did not have time for it. Jasper is a great company and very successful and their managers do not have the time it takes to baby someone along. If you are not a self starter and willing to give a job that extra, then the roofing business like a lot of business's is not for you. This guy is a complainer and needs to work at Wal-Mart or McDonald's. You can make a lot of money with a company like Jasper but be willing to earn it. I have never been given a great job, I always had to earn it.