• Report: #769697
Complaint Review:

javitch block and rathbone

  • Submitted: Fri, August 26, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, August 29, 2011

  • Reported By: tess — pataskala Ohio United States of America
javitch block and rathbone
po box 1690 columbus ohio 43216 columbus, Ohio United States of America

javitch block and rathbone i was suppose to make a payment plan with an ins. co. they sent me to javitch collection agency to make payments. well javitch said i cant and have fun walking cause i'm not getting my licence until t columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Time to get

*Consumer Comment: SR22

*Consumer Comment: research this

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I got in a car accident in my moms car and the girl i hit's insurance company got a collection agency involved not even a month after the accident. i paid my reinstatement fee and got my sr22. the only thing i had left to do is make a payment with westfield insurance company says the bmv.          

well i try getting ahold of somebody for 3 months finally got a hold of westfield ins. company and they tell me i have to call their collection agency Javitch block and rathbone. i call them to set up a payment plan and they said no we dont except payment's you have to send the full amount 2,500. i said i'm 25 with 4 kids i don't have that kind of money and i need to look for a job now that i lost it and i can't even goto the grocery store for my children. the guy says get a loan and if you can't get one have somebody co-sign for you. i told him neither of those are an option and the bmv told me i'd be able to make a payment plan. the guy says well sorry about your luck you and your kids have fun walking. i call thi bmv back and tell them what happened and what was said. the bmv said i have to deal with westfield not javitch because there is not a collection agency involved. the bmv said they would know if a collection agency is involved and i need to deal with westfield and westfield is saying call javitch. so basically i am screwed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2011 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/javitch-block-and-rathbone/columbus-ohio-43216/javitch-block-and-rathbone-i-was-suppose-to-make-a-payment-plan-with-an-ins-co-they-sen-769697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on javitch block and rathbone

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 3Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Comment

Time to get

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

a new identity.

You can try for an international drivers license, or get one from another country and validate it here.

or move to a state that doesn't participate in this SCAM.


you can find someone that looks alot like you, have them "lose" their license and get a duplicate.  Now you can bribe them to carry the original.

Or you could try the counterfeit route.

Or maybe you can just wait it out.

Good Luck!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment


AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

To the above poster.  The OP stated they were required to get an SR22 filing.  That is a court ordered filing to show that the person has liability insurance, and generally only required of people considered to be "high risk".  If it was a case where the mother had insurance that would cover the accident it would not have gone this far to the point where the OP still owes 2500 for damages.

It also appears that the OP's license was suspended and will not be re-instated until they pay off the damages from the accident.  This seems like it is more than just a simple case of no insurance on the vehicle.  It may be, but it also may be a case where the OP committed a major traffic violation or broke other laws that were determined to be a direct cause of the accident.  Because they could try to petition the court to give them a restricted license to allow them to go back and forth to work only.

As for the comment about declaring Bankruptcy.  If this is a court ordered restitution as a condition to get the license back, it is very unlikely that that debt would be discharged in Bankruptcy and they would still be required to pay it.

I would suggest that if the OP went out and got liability insurance but still has no license they look into cancelling that insurance and use that money to pay off the insurance company.  Once that is paid off then get the insurance again.  It may take a few months but may be a more productive way to take care of this.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Comment

research this

AUTHOR: tom - (USA)

Are you sure that your mom did not have insurance on the car?  Insurance in most states is on the car not the person.  She probably gave you permission to drive it and therefore you are covered.

First off don't give them Bank information including your soc number.   If they make threats then record the conversations.  You can also file a complaint against the insurance company and the collection agency with the attorney general of your state.

You can also get a NACA lawyer.  They usually will take it on a contingency basis.  you could declare bankruptcy.  Talk with an attorney about this.

I suspect your mom has insurance.  try that route.

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?