Complaint Review: JC Penny

1890 Southlake Mall, Merrillville IN
    Merrillville, Indiana

JC Penny Beware of JC Penny Ripoff Credit Cards Merrillville Indiana

*Consumer Suggestion: ITS NOT JC PENNEY - ITS GE MONEY BANK

Beware of JC Penny. I opened a credit card account to receive a discount on a purchase, what a mistake! JC Penny filed a negative report on my credit history for an unpaid bill, but never sent me the bill. When I went to obtain a mortgage I learned this. I contacted JC Penny who said they had no obligation to send me a bill. I was shocked. Then they said because the bill had not been paid, they were charging me up to 15% interest.

When I went to paid the bill it was double the original cost of the item. I paid it, but they still have not removed the negative item on my credit report. So I am still paying for this. I later learned that this also happened to someone else we know. JC Penny is totally scamming their customers by not sending out bills and then charging interest on the unpaid amounts. If you buy anything from them using credit, better check your credit report, because they may or may not send you a bill, they seem to be trying to encourage unpaid bills then charge fees on them. A total scam. If anyone else has had this happen to them, please report it. Shame on you JC Penny!

Vickir
Crown Point, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2008 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jc-penny/merrillville-indiana/jc-penny-beware-of-jc-penny-ripoff-credit-cards-merrillville-indiana-403689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

ITS NOT JC PENNEY - ITS GE MONEY BANK

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

NOT SENDING STATEMENTS TO YOUR CORRECT MAILING ADDRESS IS A VIOLATION OF THE FAIR CREDIT BILLING ACT! Its also considered Postal Fraud as well.

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE OFFICE OF THRIFT (OTS)SUPERVISION AND FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION (FTC) - you have to do both Agencies.

They are required by Federal Law to send statements! When they say they are not - THEY ARE LYING! GEMB lies every chance it gets.

Read about it on the Federal Trade Commission website

I know because it happened to me too. Only my issue aslo had to due with fraud charges and unauthorized address change.

OTS will work on your behalf to make GEMB correct the issue. They removed the account from collections Removed the negative posting from credit report Removed all late fees and interest associated with the fraudulent charge.

OTS is still working on the removal of the original charge - GEMB still refuses to acknowledge it was not my charge and they cannot prove it is.
The claim is I purchased a gift card from the JCP website and had it sent to myself. I have no record of this online purchase AND NEVER RECEIVED A GIFT CARD!

When I shop online I always print out the on screen order confirmation and the corresponding emails. I keep these with my checkbook so I can verify my credit card statements against purchases when the bills come in.