Complaint Review: JCPenny

• Reported By: arunimas — Midvale Utah USA
JCPenny
Nationwide USA

JCPenny Ripped off in the name of Rebate Nationwide

I bought 5 items at one of the JCPenny store on 11/24/2016 during Thanksgiving sale event. They gave me one receipt and a rebate form form for all the items purchased. I made the copy of the receipt and the form and sent to them the copies alongwith the bar codes of all the appliances. I didn't hear anything from them and after 4 weeks I contacted them. They said thay have not received anything, I had confirmed with USPS and they said that the envelope was delivered to their PO Box. I had to chat & e-mail because there is no valid phone number. They told me that I can take pictures of the form, receipt and all bar codes and send them in e-mail. I did send everything through an e-mail. Now the lady named Esmeralda, who is a customer service agent writes mne that the receipt does not have date so can't be filed. Of course the receipt is too long, so either the top or the bottom will be missed while taking picture. They already made mind while announcing that they are not giving rebate to most customers. They send to few just to show that they are sending rebates but in fact they don't give to most of us. It is a scam. How & where do I file complaint against such activity. All JCPenny stores should be closed for making customers fool by wasting time & money. I hate them to my death now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2017 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jcpenny/nationwide/jcpenny-ripped-off-in-the-name-of-rebate-nationwide-1356654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on JCPenny