Complaint Review: JD And Associates---FilterQueen

• Reported By: Terre Haute Indiana
  • JD And Associates---FilterQueen
    175 Canal ST
    Terre Haute, Indiana

JD And Associates---FilterQueen Take advantage of elderly with Alzheimer's Disease Terre Haute Indiana

This company came to my grandmother's door on 6/26/07. My grandmother is an 83 year old widow with Alzheimer's Disease. They explained that if she watched the demo of a vacuum, that my aunt would get credit towards the purchase of a TV. He said it would only take an hour.He offered her a free air purifier for watching the demo, and a second if she gave him her old vacuum.

SIX hours later, he filled out a paper and had her sign. She thought she was signing something verifying that he had shown her the demo so my aunt would get credit. Instead, she had signed a contract to buy! He never gave her any paperwork, nor told her a price or that she only had 3 days to cancel.

When we realized it on 6/29 we called to cancel (within the 3 day cancelation period). They said they woudl get back to us. When they did on 7/2, they refused to cancel because it was now over the 3 day cancelation period.
When they contacted my grandmother on 7/2, she asked how much it was for this vacuum. Imagine our amazment when we were told over $3400!! My grandmother is on a very fixed income, and cannot afford to pay $3400 even on monthly payments of $114!! Either these scam artists charged her for the "free" air purifiers, or they charge 148% interest!

I have contacted FilterQueen, and they have not done anything to help remedy the situation since the sale was through JD and Associates. Sorry, but ultimately THEY are responsible for hiring these scam artists.

I have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Consumer Protection department, local police, and the Better Business Bureau. They will not get away with this. She will not pay for this! I mean, what are they going to do? Repossess it? So freaking what! Yes, it will hurt her credit, but she is 83 and won't need to purchase any large items.

PLEASE WARN YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF THIS SCAM! DO NOT LET OTHERS GET TAKEN BY THESE IMMORAL D***BAGS!

Jamie
Terre Haute, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2007 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jd-and-associates-filterqueen/terre-haute-indiana-47807/jd-and-associates-filterqueen-take-advantage-of-elderly-with-alzheimers-disease-terre-h-258491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content