Complaint Review: Jeff Beaver

• Jeff Beaver
    4303 Compton Circle
    Bellaire, Texas
    United States of America

Jeff Beaver J.P. Beaver Homes, Inc. Poor Quality Remodeling Work, Lack of Builder Supervision, Non-Payment of Subcontractors Bellaire, Texas

*Author of original report: Lawsuit Resolution

*Consumer Comment: The Full Story

Mr. Jeff Beaver, President of J.P. Beaver Homes, Inc., did not pay all of his subcontractors and the result is that I, as homeowner, have a mechanic's lien filed against my property by one of his subs.  I terminated my contract with Jeff Beaver before completion of my remodeling contract on my home because of poor quality work and lack of supervision; however, even though my project was incomplete, I paid Jeff Beaver his full builder's fee as agreed-to by contract for a complete job.  I also paid him sufficient funds to cover all billed subcontractor charges.

Instead of paying three of his subcontractors their invoices totaling $7,675.00, Jeff Beaver retained the money for himself, on top of his builder's fee, claiming he had done extra work.  By contract, any extra work was to be agreed to in writing with an addendum to the contract.  There was never an addendum to the contract and no extra work was performed that was not agreed to in the original contract.

The result is that a mechanic's lien has been filed against my property by a subcontractor and I am now liable for the subcontractor's charges.  In addition, Jeff Beaver did not honor his contracted warranty against defective work and kept funds he received from me in order to pay for repair of poor quality concrete work.  He is in Breach of Contract in multiple instances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jeff-beaver/bellaire-texas-77401/jeff-beaver-jp-beaver-homes-inc-poor-quality-remodeling-work-lack-of-builder-supervis-1012890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Lawsuit Resolution

AUTHOR: Doug - ()

This issue has been resolved by a settlement.

The Full Story

AUTHOR: xrszgirl - (United States of America)

Dear Sir:

You failed to mention in your report that you and your wife took forever to pick out materials, which held up the job for weeks.  You were constantly changing things up and asked for additional work to be done which was outside the scope of work.  All this added up to a large sum of money above and beyond the agreed amount in the contract.  You were told all changes would cost more money. The money you are claiming he retained for himself is correct.  He paid himself for all of the additional changes and work above and beyond the original contract.  The untruth you speak of about the addendum is comical.  Any contractor can see right through what you are trying to do.  You my friend owe the sheetrockers the money.  Why are you not paying them? Now I know why the first contractor you had left the job unfinished.  I suggest you re-evaluate the quality of work you say was poor.  I have worked many a job with this contractor and we except nothing but superior craftmenship.  I have many clients and photos that document this fact.  Let me know if you would like to see them.