Complaint Review: JEREMY CROFT

• JEREMY CROFT
    3734 HORIZON RIDGE CT.
    SIMI VALLEY, California
    USA

JEREMY CROFT BEWARE: AUTOGRAPHS HE SELLS ARE FAKE IF THEY'RE NOT AUTHENTICATED BY PSA OR JSA SIMI VALLEY California

On September 7, 2016, I purchased on eBay an Official National League baseball that was purported to be signed by Sandy Koufax, from the eBay seller "varietyguy" (Jeremy Croft) from Simi Valley, CA. At that time I had no reason to suspect that the baseball was not authentic. The seller had no negative feedback that would raise red flags. The seller represented the item to be authentic and offered a COA (which I never received). At the time I had purchased several other items from eBay sellers but then became extremely busy with work and I put my hobby on the back burner and put the ball away.

This past Friday, June 23, 2017, JSA came to town. It was the first time they were in my area in quite some time so I brought 40 items, including this Koufax ball. The result was a resounding "FAIL" and they had no doubts whatsoever that it was a forgery for a variety of reasons. [continued below]....

.....

Of course, the timing was well past eBay's 60 day period and Paypal's 180 day period so I had no immediate recourse other than to ask Mr. Croft if he would stand by the item and let me return it for a refund. He refused, saying too much time had passed (which I understand is true as far as eBay is concerned) and that JSA is just an "opinion" and that I should try reselling the ball on my own.

Yet, 99% of the items Mr. Croft currently has for sale on eBay are authenticated by JSA or PSA, and most all of them are not nearly as valuable as a Koufax ball. My guess is he tried getting the Koufax ball authenticated and it failed at that time.

Selling fake autographs through the internet is a felony. I am pursuing this on those grounds now since eBay washed their hands of it.

In the meantime, beware of Jeremy Croft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2017 07:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jeremy-croft/simi-valley-california-93063/jeremy-croft-beware-autographs-he-sells-are-fake-if-theyre-not-authenticated-by-psa-or-1381291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content