Complaint Review: Jessica Bell

201 Rabern Ct.
    Belton, Texas
    USA

Jessica Bell Magazine Scam at apartment complex Belton Texas

I had two girls show up at my door wanting to sell magazine subscriptions for a club they were part of.  I am always suspicious of people who show up at my door and normally I don't answer or send them away. I was going to tell them that soliciting is not allowed in the complex and I was going to report them if they didn't leave, but they told me they were freshman at the local college that I went to. (By the way, NO ONE seems to know these girls at my school!)

Jessica Bell tried to assure me that I would definitely get this magazine subscription, and if it never showed up, I could call the number she was writing down on the receipt. I wanted to help out fellow students, so I gave them a check for $40. I typed in her phone number recently into Google just to see what would turn up, and apaprently it's the same number another person is using to pull the same scam. I should've asked if I could call that number before she left, but they seemed nice, and I wanted to help. Oh well. Lesson learned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 05:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jessica-bell/belton-texas/jessica-bell-magazine-scam-at-apartment-complex-belton-texas-1048303. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content