Complaint Review: JG Tax Group

• JG Tax Group

Internet
    USA

JG Tax Group Services not as described Florida Internet

I hired JG Tax to deal with the IRS for back taxes from 2009 through 2014. After paying a large sum for this service,

-- I did all the preparation of tax information, they plugged it in electronically and provided me with returns to file. Had I gone to HR Block I would have saved myself 5K.

-- No settlement, adjustment, etc. was made.

-- Even though the IRS considered the tax "Currently Non Taxable," penalties and interest continue to accrue.

-- They said they filed an abatement, which turns out to be a single page electronic form. The wording they used for the reason for the abatement was "We are requesting a first time abatement. FTA" Nothing about my being seriously ill and disabled.

-- It would cost additional funds for them to fill out (electronic form) the Offer in Compromise that actually allows you to pay less then the actual tax amount.

-- The gentleman I worked with was unhelpful and condescending.

For these reasons, I would not recommend going with JG Tax and would spend the necessary funds to go through an HR Block or other like tax preparation company before hiring someone to submit the abatement or Offer in Compromise. Else you are throwing away money needed to actually pay off the IRS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2015 03:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jg-tax-group/internet/jg-tax-group-services-not-as-described-florida-internet-1260071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content