Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

• Jiffy Lube
    2411 Stirling Road
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    USA

Jiffy Lube Fabricated evidence of engine problem to sell me expensive services I didn't need Ft. Lauderdale Florida

My car was due for service. It needed an oil change, and the Honda maintenance indicator was also saying I needed to replace the air filter. Yesterday, I replaced the air filter myself. Today, I brought the car to Jiffy Lube for the oil change.

The guy calls me over to show me my brand new air filter that I just installed less than 24 hours ago. It has smudges on it from his own greasy hands. He points to the smudges and tells me that those black marks are soot from my engine. He recommends a new air filter and some kind of expensive engine cleaning treatment.

Now, last time I checked, the air filter is used to clean the air going IN to the engine. Any "soot" would be somewhere around the exhaust pipe! So this guy dirties up my brand new air filter and uses that as evidence to try and sell me expensive services I don't need.

I thought of going straight to the manager, then realized that while doing so may result in some kind of apology, it would be followed by a pat on the back for the employee as soon as I left the building. "Way to go, man! Sell, sell, sell! You'll hook the next one, don't worry!"

So be warned. Jiffy Lube may be a convenient choice for a quick oil change, but leave everything else up to a real mechanic, not a commissioned salesman!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jiffy-lube/ft-lauderdale-florida-33312/jiffy-lube-fabricated-evidence-of-engine-problem-to-sell-me-expensive-services-i-didnt-1053329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content