Complaint Review: Jiffy Lube

2921 N 32nd St
    Phoenix, Arizona
    USA

Jiffy Lube #2085 Incompetent Nitwits Phoenix Arizona

On July 9th, 2013 I took my truck to Jiffy Lube #2085 for regular maintenance. While going over it they found the battery was going bad, (or so they said). As it was already their battery from an earlier visit they replaced it under warranty.

Shortly after that I heard a clunking sound every time I made a right turn. It sounded like a suspension component had failed. The vehicle has only 35K on it so I decided to let the dealer look at it.

Took it to the dealership today, bear in mind it's only been one week since I went to Jiffy Lube. They inspected everything and guess what? The "clunking" sound was the improperly secured battery sliding around. The reason the battery was not secured right and sliding was because they installed a Group 24 battery and not a Group 27 which is the OEM spec for that make, model & year. Not only that, the battery they installed was a 480 CCA, (cold cranking amps), factory spec...710 CCA!

Called the store and talked to the asst. mgr. All he said he could do was file an "incident report" and someone would call me, yeah right! I made sure he understood that the charge to my credit card would be in dispute by the end of the week if they do not reverse the charge voluntarily. His response..."Ok".

This is not the first time I have had problems with various Jiffy Lubes in Phoenix but it will absolutely be the last. Fool me once, fool me twice, you know the rest. :-(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jiffy-lube/phoenix-arizona-85018/jiffy-lube-2085-incompetent-nitwits-phoenix-arizona-1067755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content