Complaint Review:

• Updated: Sun, August 13, 2017

• Reported By: Kristie — Biloxi Mississippi USA
Jill Jones-Soderman
Nationwide USA

Jill Jones-Soderman Foundation For Child Victims Of The Family Court The Fraud Goes Beyond Clients Nationwide

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I wanted to believe in Jill Jones-Soderman. Charles, a long-time acquaintance of mine with whom I had previously worked as a paralegal introduced me to Jill, and recommended that he and Jill, since they are partners, hire me. It seemed like a dream job for me, since I had worked with the Mississippi Department of Human Services and seen how much families and children suffer. I was so proud to become the very first and senior paralegal for Jill's Foundation for the Child Victims of the Family Courts. But this dream job of working with Jill rapidly became a nightmare that I hardly know how to describe.

To begin with, she persuaded me to accept a low hourly rate of $17.50 (about as low as any paralegal with 13 years experience could ever go). And then she told me that the pay might be "irregular". But she said, "we work 24/7, no bathroom breaks"---and that was a pretty fair description of what started for me on June 9, 2017. On Saturday June 24, 2017, we had our first major blow up, when she interrupted a client conference screaming at me that I had no right to be in direct contact with the clients...even though she was there on the phone. I almost quit after that---I sent her my first invoice for hours at that point and she asked "is this your notice of resignation?" And I said, "no, but we had agreed I would submit invoices every two weeks." But I think by then the writing was on the wall---because she immediately asserted that she couldn't pay.... And then she said she had absolutely no money because the ONE paying client she had kept paying her in "small" increments of $5,000.00.... but I got money in increments of $100-$750.

Once I started working, I got about ten different assignments every day, no days off for about the first 50 days.... by which time I had accumulated unpaid legitimate hours (not counting overtime---and some days I worked 16-18 hours) of approximately $7,000.00. One excuse after another---she had to pay Westlaw (except that she never paid it); she had to pay Charles (except she never paid him directly more than $75-$400 a week, since she was providing him with a house---for which the rent was always dangerously late). But basically, the money she said she received just disappeared and nobody knew where it went. Now I had thrown myself into this job with heart and soul because her Foundation seemed like such a beautiful concept. So far as I know, she never paid Westlaw at all. She certainly never paid me anything approaching what I had earned. And then, after I told the guy who brought me on that she was advertising to replace him, she fired me and told me that I was just a consultant and had been paid in full, that she owed me no hourly wages at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2017 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jill-jones-soderman/nationwide/jill-jones-soderman-foundation-for-child-victims-of-the-family-court-the-fraud-goes-beyo-1392377. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Jill Jones-Soderman