Complaint Review: Jimmy John's

• Jimmy John's
    2644 11th Ave
    Greeley, Colorado
    United States of America

Jimmy John's Sold me a substantially substandard sandwich and wont make good on it. Greeley, Colorado

*Author of original report: I was made whole

I went to Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches one evening and got their most expensive sandwich option, the Gargantuan. It was the best sandwich I ever ate so the next day I'm on my way home from church and couldn't pass the place without getting another one. This one however, was missing the ingredient that makes the sandwich all it is to get excited about.  I called the manager and he essentially told me better luck next time and it must have been a new guy that forgot to put that ingredient on. Then I expressed further my dissatisfaction, since he didn't seem to be getting it and he offered me a dollar bag of potato chips next time I come in. I said keep your dollar bag of potato chips, I bought a bad $8.00 sandwich.

I reported this to Corporate and apparently they don't stand behind their food any better than the site managers do. Here is their response:

William,

I want to thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent experience at the Jimmy Johns in Greeley.  We take your feedback seriously as it gives us an opportunity to improve our service in the future.

I am sorry for the incorrect sandwich and poor customer service you received. Our goal is to exceed your expectations every time you order.  From your feedback, it is clear we did not meet your expectations. Again, I am truly sorry we dropped the ball.

Please be assured we have taken action regarding your concern.  After reading your feedback, I immediately shared the information you provided with the local business coach for the restaurant you ordered from.

Our business coach will verify any issues are corrected immediately.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.  We appreciate your business and hope you will still consider Jimmy Johns in the future.

Sincerely,
Brian
Jimmy John's
Customer Service Department
800-546-6904
Webfeedback@jimmyjohns.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jimmy-johns/greeley-colorado-80631/jimmy-johns-sold-me-a-substantially-substandard-sandwich-and-wont-make-good-on-it-gree-1005435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I was made whole

AUTHOR: I got screwed - (USA)

It was me that filed the bad report and after three days of calls and emails to Corporate Customer Service I finally got the promised call from the District Manager who passed my complaint on to the owner of the store in question. He was genuinely apologetic and I was givena  free replacement sandwich and cupons for two additional sandwiches at a slightly lessor value but I'm satisfied and WILL continue to do business with them.

I did share my frustrations with corporate with the local people. Unfortunately not only was the employee that handled my complaint to blame but frankly corporate made it worse.