Complaint Review: JK Harris & Co

• JK Harris & Co
    4995 Lacross Rd STE 1800
    N Charleston, South Carolina

JK Harris & Co does not honor contract N Charleston South Carolina

My husband signed a contract and paid in full for JK Harris to file our back taxes and help us with our irs problems, as they advertise. They filled out tax forms for the years we did not file and mailed them to us.... That was the end of us hearing from them....Not only did we have to pay over 3000 up front but we were charged 60.00 a month for them to do our "accounting", which consisted of them mailing us an estimated tax voucher every three months(hard work)....

So we cancelled our contract. JK Harris finally stopped debited our bank account after I contacted them three times. They then sent us a legal document that we needed to sign in order to get a 700.00 some odd dollar refund. This document basically says they will refund our money and we are basically not to "bad mouth" jk harris. This was signed in June of 2008. today is almost april 2009... Still waiting for our refund.... Wrote them several letters, which one time in November (six months later) they sent us a letter stating there was a "delay" in there accounting department....CRAZY!!! I sent my last letter a few weeks ago and told them I would contact the Board in South Carolina and advise them of JK's practices if I did not receive my refund in the next week.... Still nothing.

JK does not honor its contracts, and they do nothing to help you get out of trouble...The previous complaint I read from another person was right on the money....

Jennifer
madison, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2009 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jk-harris-co/n-charleston-south-carolina-29406/jk-harris-co-does-not-honor-contract-n-charleston-south-carolina-438549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content