Complaint Review: JK Harris & Company

• Reported By: Garland Texas
  • JK Harris & Company
    4995 Lacross Rd. Suite 1800
    North Charleston, South Carolina

JK Harris & Company OUTRIGHT LIES & FALSE REPRESENTATION ABOUT SOLVING TAX PROBLEMS North Charleston South Carolina

I April 2008 I went to JK Harris for help in resolving a back tax issue, they reviewed my case and said they could help and introduced a strategy plan. 1st I had to provide them 3 months of bills, proof of income, bank statements and a $450.00 down payment to get the ball rolling and sign a contract agreeing to pay $4,500.00 broken down into monthly installments and later came a 2nd agreement because my wife was also included in the case. Well what started out at $450 per month doubled then came the admin. fee of $45 per month. This amount was more than I could afford. At one point my check was levied by the IRS, I immediately called JK Harris or my case coordinator for an explanation they assured me this shouldn't have happened and did have the levy released.Then they needed another update of my bills, income, and banking account.This form if information they required seem like every 3 months.This process continued through the remainder of 2008.

Now in 2009 I received notice that they intended to levy my check again I contacted JK Harris and had to go the same process only difference this time is that in February 2009 the IRS enforced the levy, when I contacted JK Harris, my case coordinator said she'd get back with me and to this day I haven't heard another word from her each time that I've tried contacting her the message says that she's away from her desk or on the phone with another customer leave a message and she will call back. Well needless to say I stopped payment to JK Harris Financial and they have started calling and offering incentives to re-instate my case. No Thanks...

Now over $7,000.00 in the hole to JK Harris and no income coming in because my check is still being levied I have no funding's to hire a lawyer which forced me to apply for help through the TAXPAYER ADVOCATE 3 weeks ago, this also seem like a scam my case rep. has always been unavailable and has not returned a call. Thanks to JK Harris and their great representation I'm about to loose everything I own. I NEED HELP FAST...

Mike
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2009 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jk-harris-company/north-charleston-south-carolina-29406/jk-harris-company-outright-lies-false-representation-about-solving-tax-problems-north-430656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content