Complaint Review: JL Kirk & Associates

• Reported By: Milwaukee Wisconsin
  • JL Kirk & Associates
    15800 W. Bluemound
    Brookfield, Wisconsin

I received a call from an associate at JL Kirk Associates saying that they had received my resume online and that they wanted to set up a time for me with one of their career specialists. I thought it strange that this company would contact me especially since I didn't have my resume available for recruiters to view. I only submit it to companies I feel are a match. At first I was flattered that a company would want to move ahead so quickly, thinking perhaps that someone must have forwarded my information onto a reputable company, then I got suspicious.

So I called the number anyway and asked them exactly what the position was that I was coming in to interview and if so, what would it be. The associate told me that it was a "sort of interview". (That raised a flag for me) then I asked exactly what was JL Kirk and the associate told me, they were a kind of career counselor that would market my skills effectively. Their website said that exact same thing. Then I dug a little deeper and found out that this company operates the same way as BH did or perhaps still does.

I found this site when I was doing a search on the company and boy, I am so grateful for it! I called JL back and told them I had an offer already so they wouldn't bug me or try to hard sell me on coming in. Saved me a trip and a whole lot of money and embarrassment.

Judy
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2005 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jl-kirk-associates/brookfield-wisconsin-53005/jl-kirk-associates-dodged-a-6000-bullet-from-jl-associates-brookfield-wisconsinrip-off-151707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Setting the record straight.

AUTHOR: Kirk - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for the opportunity to set the record straight in regards to the report from a Judy in Milwaukee. We have combed through all of our records and there is NO Judy as a client, or even a potential client. She claims to have called our office for an initial appointment, but also claims she did not come into our office. Therefore she has NO clue what services we provide or how we could help her get into her new career position.

This report has no merit what so ever. I wish "Judy" the best in her career search.

Sincerely,

Mgmt. JLK Associates

Setting Kirk Straight

AUTHOR: Larry - (U.S.A.)

Kirk,

You said you have no client named Judy. No s**t, Sherlock she never said she was. In fact, she said she determined that she wanted nothing to do with your company.

You said you had found no record of Judy calling your company for an initial appointment. That's because she didn't. She returned a misleading call to one of your employees who tried to entice her to your offices with a phony offer of a job interview.

It's interesting that you can be in Tennessee and know exactly who each and every one of your employees in Wisconsin has spoken to.