Complaint Review: Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 08, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011
  • Reported By: Inmaculada — Palm Beach Florida U.S.A.
  • Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
    7101 S.W. 102 Ave.
    Miami, Florida
    United States of America

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. Incompetent and with business policies designed to charge extra for doing no work Miami, Florida

In 2004 Nova Southeastern University required an official translation and evaluation report of my bachelor's educational credentials, which were from Mexico, and sent me to Josef Silny and Associates (JS&A) to get that processed.  Due to JS&A's incompetence and ignorance of International degrees and graduation practices, it took one year of going back and forth to get enough from them to be allowed into the Master's program at Nova.  I say "enough" because I still did not get JS&A to give me full accreditation, but Nova admissions personnel were smart enough to understand this was due to incompetence on JS&A part.

Now, 6 years later I'm looking into being certified as an Interior Designer, for which I need to take a few carreer specific courses and the application process requires original transcripts from JS&A translation.  However, JS&A has a policy of not providing transcripts past 3 years, which means I would have to apply and pay again for them to issue what will literally be a copy of the work they did 6 years ago!  I was expecting to have to pay for the copy, but definitely not be charged for a whole new application for a copy.

So, although I still need an official trascript in order to continue my studies, as a matter of principle I will hire another company to issue the paperwork needed and NEVER use JS&A services again.

I would advice anyone refered to use Josef Silny and Associates, to use a different company and not continue to finance this incompetent and abusive "service provider".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/josef-silny-associates-inc/miami-florida-33173/josef-silny-associates-inc-incompetent-and-with-business-policies-designed-to-charge-806662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content