Complaint Review: JP Media

• JP Media
    California
    Somewhere, California
    Afghanistan

JP Media - Interactive Audio Text Services Fraudulent Billing to Credit Card/Debit Card California

*UPDATE Employee: JP Media is doing all that can be done to recover these monies

*Author of original report: Continuing to hunt down JP Media

Went to withdraw money from a checking account for my wife's weekend trip. The bank informed me that there were not enough funds in the account. I had the teller print out a quick statement of the last two days and found that JP Media had debited my account $249.95.

I immediately went home and called the number that was listed on my statement beside JP Media's name and talked to a Rep from Interactive Audio Text Services. I informed them of the charge and they said they would credit my account and that it would take 10 - 15 days. I tried pressuring the rep for information about JP Media but all they would tell me is that they handled mostly cruises and pharmacuticals.

I then filed a despute with my bank after which they deposited the desputed amount back into my account. I have not figured out how JP Media got my account number. I deal with respectable businesses when shopping on line. Or at least I thought that was the case. THE END!!! Not Quite. Let this be a warning to JP Media that they will be found.

Ed
Julian, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2003 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jp-media/somewhere-california/jp-media-interactive-audio-text-services-fraudulent-billing-to-credit-carddebit-card-ca-69961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

JP Media is doing all that can be done to recover these monies

AUTHOR: Geoff - (U.S.A.)

JP Media is known as an IPSP (Independent Payment Service Provider) which basically provides payment services to approx thirty different companies.

Apparently one of the merchants has rencently had some issues that are resulting in charges that were not made by the cardholder. As a result of this JP Media has launched its own investigation regarding this issue.

This investigation in no way reflects the actions of JP Media, its directors, Members or staff, and frankly does not reflect the activity or ethics of the vast majority of the merchants in the portfolio.

If you have been charged by JP Media and didn't authorize it, please contact the customer service phone number and a refund will be issued no questions asked.

www.jpmedialtd.com

Once again thank you for your patience and understanding, and be assured JP Media is doing all that can be done to recover these monies as quickly as possible.

Continuing to hunt down JP Media

AUTHOR: Ed - (U.S.A.)

This is to let everyone know that I am still trying to track down JP Media. They have, since my original posting, refunded my money. It took about 7 days. I have yet to regain any of the overdraft charges that have occurred because of the illegal charges to my bank card. I have gotten in contact with the Wake County NC sherrifs department but have yet to talk to the investigator who originally posted about JP Media. Either he has been on vacation or out sick. I will be trying again to talk with him this week.

In the mean time if there is anyone who wants to add any information that may help in his investigation. For example, where was the last place you used your card online, the date and the date a charge was made by JP Media. Also any contact you have had with their customer service and who you spoke with,if you recieved a refund.

any similarities that may have occurred between all of us may help in narrowing the search as to how and when they got our account information. Remember any help and information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,