Complaint Review: Juniper Bank

po box 8828
    wilmington, Delaware
    United States of America

Juniper Bank Juniper Bank Closing Accounts wilmington, Delaware

I got a letter today that Juniper Bank is closing my account due to inactivity and too many accounts with balances.  I find this extremey irritating.  I called the number on the back of the card as there was no phone number in the letter and all the rep did was obviously read off a script in broken English.

My balance on the card was $0 and had been for a few months, but I find it extremely shady that while the same bank is increasing a credit limit on my Apple Card (which is also held by Barclay) that they would close this one.  Having a $0 balance is more risky to them than carrying a balance?

Next time I pass through the Charlotte airport and one of your pesky salesman tries to get me to sign up for a US Air card (also held by Barclays) they will get a piece of my mind about what a crummy company this is.  I will also in short order pay off my Apple Card and send it back to them in pieces.

I asked the rep how they were going to notate the closing on the credit report.  If they put 'closed by creditor', they will definately be hearing from me again.

Just wanted to spread the word to stay away from this company.  There are a lot of other options and I will be using them instead of Barclays.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2011 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/juniper-bank/wilmington-delaware-19899/juniper-bank-juniper-bank-closing-accounts-wilmington-delaware-765930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content