Complaint Review: Just Brakes #32 / Addison, TX

• Just Brakes #32 / Addison, TX
    16284 Midway Road
    Addison, Texas
    United States of America

Just Brakes #32 /Just Brakes #32 / Addison, TX Deceptive!!! Stop!! Even if You "Know" About Brakes, They Will Scam You!!!!! Addison, Texas

My 1997 Acura was in need of general brake replacement of PADS only. I do not drive brakes until mechanical parts are damaged. I had the FRONT only done at the Acura dealership with absolutely NO issues whatsoever.

A few months later, the REAR was due. I wanted to save money since rates are much higher at dealerships. Just brakes advertises the $99 price that actually is for FOUR wheels & I only needed TWO. The dealership price is $300 per axle.

After I dropped my car, telling them what I wanted, I was immediately concerned as they said they would "look" at all four wheels even though I told them what I wanted. Well after they did say I needed rear brakes they tried to sell me the farm: pads, rotors, calipers, hardware, etc. Pretty much everything if I had a complete brake meltdown. I simply needed the "wearable" pads replaced & the rotors re-surfaced. I instructed them to simply replace the pads & turn the rotors.

I got the car back. The rotors did NOT look resurfaced. A couple weeks later I smelled brakes burning. The caliper was locking up in the rear. Another couple weeks later the caliper locked up, crystallized my rotor, & almost caught my total car on fire!!!!!!

Just Brakes then wanted almost $700.00 to correct a problem THEY caused!!!

I picked up the car and I am taking it back to my great Acura dealer in Plano. They may cost more up front but you are assured of quality guaranteed work.

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO ANY JUST BRAKES STORE ANYWHERE!!!!!! After talking to friends & finding this site, it obviously is true. There are almost FIVE HUNDRED (500) complaints as I type this!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2010 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/just-brakes-32-addison-tx/addison-texas-75001/just-brakes-32-just-brakes-32-addison-tx-deceptive-stop-even-if-you-know-abou-596032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content