Complaint Review: Just Brakes

• Just Brakes

Carrollwood, Florida
    USA

Just Brakes Bad Experience with Just Brakes in Tampa, FL Carrollwood Florida

I just had a very unpleasant experience with Just Brakes in Carrollwood, FL (Tampa). I recently had my brakes evaluated at another location which indicated my need to get my brakes replaced. They removed my tires and inspected them with care. Then, they quoted me their price for the repairs. There was no mention of any further problems.

I then looked up Just Brakes on the internet and became aware of their 99.88 special for all 4 tires. I thought, "Oh what a great deal!". I then drove there and asked them to service my brakes for the amount on the ad. They seemed hesitant and told me that they would give me a free inspection to make sure of what I needed. Afterwards they called me out and and started showing me the wear and tear on each wheel, this and that. Finally, the quoted me a grand sum of 540.00 dollars that i needed to pay. Strangely, none of the repairs even involved the rotors. I was dismayed but not surprised.

With disgust I said under my breath - "typical bait and switch". I told them that I am only interested in the 99.88 deal, and that all else would have to wait. They agreed.  As I was sitting in the waiting room, the manager confronted me and acused me of saying saying that his workers were full of s**t and that they were lying to me. I told him I never said any such thing. I only asked that they do the 99 dollar work and leave it at that. He containued to harrangue me and argue that I had insulted his workers and questioned their integrity. The told them to put my wheels back on the car and find somewhere else to do business.

This is a very sick company, and I will never go there again. I urge anybody to take heed and NOT to be drawn in by Just Brakes and their bait.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/just-brakes/carrollwood-florida/just-brakes-bad-experience-with-just-brakes-in-tampa-fl-carrollwood-florida-1087570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content