Complaint Review: JVC Consumer Products

• JVC Consumer Products
    www.jvc.com
    Internet

JVC Consumer Products Ripoff product Internet

I purchased a JVC mini DV. After 6 months it stopped working properly. I was told by JVC that I needed a new battery. I couldn't afford the battery right away ($200 through JVC at the time). When I did buy a new battery it still continued to give me the same error. I emailed JVC, and waited.

No response. Time passed; I emailed again, still no response. I called and was told it was not my battery but a common problem with the cassette mechanism. By now it's not under warranty, so I put it on a shelf until I can have it fixed. I call JVC to get a list of authorized repair centers, and all it gives me is their repair center. Minumum price is $240.

I'll stay away from JVC in the future! This is my first horrible experience with them. All my other JVC products have been fine, but because of this experience I'm going back to Sony!

Micki
Valdosta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2002 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/jvc-consumer-products/internet/jvc-consumer-products-ripoff-product-internet-35872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content