Complaint Review: Kagen M. Cooksley @ Regency Insurance

• Kagen M. Cooksley @ Regency Insurance
    5248 Red Cedar Drive #103
    Fort Myers, Florida
    USA

Kagen M. Cooksley @ Regency Insurance Group Sold a homeowner's policy with People's Trust. Assured the inspector would only check the structure of the house, built in 2010, not all the boxes I had stored as I was remodeling another house. People's Trust cancelled my policy approximately 2 months later as I was unable to clear the boxes due to health issues. Fort Myers Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Process in place to assist with policy cancellations

Back in April of 2017, I was told that I needed homeowner's insurance by a few agents who called me about such even though the mortgagee, Wells Fargo, insisted that I had insurance.  I decided to obtain insurance, just in case, as I had been told by another agent that my policy would expire on May 11th, 2017.  As I wasn't sure what to believe, I used the web to reach out to other insurance agents.  Only Kagen M. Cooksley called from 305-735-8713, a number which appeared to be from Marathon, Florida.  Mr. Cooksley told me that Regency Insurance had agents all over.  He offered me a policy with People's Trust which seemed to be rather inexpensive at $1900.  I thought the idea of a $1900 policy sounded great.  Mr. Cooksley informed me that I would need to have the house inspected.  That's when I explained to him that I had a house full of boxes all over the place since I was in the process of remodeling my other house in which I had lived for over 20 years.  Mr. Cooksley told me that the inspector would only be interested in the structure of the house since it had been built in 2010, not my "mess".  I agreed to get the policy.

My home was inspected in early May, only to receive a letter stating that my insurance would be cancelled on June 13th, 2017 if I didn't remove the boxes from a certain hallway.  Well, as luck would have it, a cancerous tumor was discovered in one of my kidneys in the interim.  I ended up having a kidney removed on June 5th.  Some time after that, someone from Regency Insurance contacted me by phone and extended the cancellation deadline to July 13th if I removed the boxes.  Of course, I was unable to lift or carry and could not accomplish the task.  I've been told my policy was cancelled on July 21st, 2017.  If I had not been assured that the boxes would be no problem, I would have kept whatever insurance Wells Fargo had on my property at the time.  I'm now feeling that there's some sort of conspiracy between Regency and People's Trust.  Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2017 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kagen-m-cooksley-regency-insurance/fort-myers-florida-33907/kagen-m-cooksley-regency-insurance-group-sold-a-homeowners-policy-with-peoples-trust-1387465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
0Consumer
1Employee/Owner

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Process in place to assist with policy cancellations

AUTHOR: Kagen - (United States)

Thank you for your review and your candid feedback.

First and foremost I am very sorry for your frustrations.  I was unable to locate your file to do a thorough review as this review came back anonymous.   With that being said I would like to explain our system and process.

If a file is to be canceled by underwriting which is done by the insurance company, a rare event in and of itself but can happen from time to time, a few things happen:  First, the insurance company will give ample time for remedies to be made. Second, a refund will be generated for the unused portion of the premium. Lastly, while this is happening our agency is presenting our client with other options to insure the property in its current condition often with damages or items that need to be repaired.  We pride ourselves on having a proactive solutions for our clients.

While I understand your frustrations, it is always in our agencies best interest to keep our clients with us and satisfied with the products we represent.

I would love to discuss this with you further to see if there was a breakdown in our process that I am unaware of. Please contact me as soon as possible to review.

Sincerely-