Complaint Review: Kaplan test prep.

• Submitted: Sat, October 24, 2015
  • Updated: Sat, October 24, 2015
  • Reported By: citacs — Newtown Connecticut USA
  • Kaplan test prep.

Nationwide
    USA

Kaplan test prep. Kaptest Test prep scam Newtown/Danbury Nationwide

I contacted Kaplan sometime in May to improve my daughter's SAT math results. Although her official score wasn't too bad ( 520) we intened to increase it up to  600 with the individual tutor and summer long program. Bobby Woods ( the sales person) obviously promised everything and anyting with no guarantee. I agreed to pay $1850 fee for 14 hrs, program with an individual tutor for math only. We were assigned a person who seems to be bright however with background and experience very distanced from math and/or teaching. I encourage myself to trust the people assuming they know what they are doing or so I was told. Everything seems fine to begin with, the books were sent , the tutor was showing on time. The initial score was lower than offical one ( 450?) but it didn't concern me since I was promised 600.

Time went by and I was checking the score progress half way through, to my surprise the score didn't go very far:540, however both the new sales person and tutor assured me it will improve. Their point of argument was not the officail score 520 but their initial one ( 450)  Later I learned that companies like this provide the initial test with harder questions that lowers the initial score to make them look better in the future. More lessons and more money spent, the test score never went above 540. Excuses used were my daughters abilities ( honor student in Fairfield county,CT  school?) to learn.

I think the program is uncessful and fails to satisfy its purpose, my biggest disappoinement is wasted time and money and insignificant result, I could use the same money to hire a professional math tutor that can be held responsible.

Kaplan doens't guarantee anything unless they charge you few thousands and even after that they will fight with you.

I encourage everybody never to use Kaplan and spend your money somewhere else!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2015 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-test-prep/nationwide/kaplan-test-prep-kaptest-test-prep-scam-newtowndanbury-nationwide-1263409. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content