Complaint Review: Kaplan University Davenport(Online)

• Submitted: Wed, March 01, 2017
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2017
  • Reported By: ria — charlotte North Carolina USA
  • Kaplan University Davenport(Online)

Nationwide
    USA

Kaplan University Davenport(Online) 6 years I was Scammed davenport iowa

*Consumer Comment: I was also lied to on many levels!

*Author of original report: comment

*Consumer Comment: Question

Kaplan university in davenport iowa(online) has scammed me for 6 years stealing money from the department of education even after i had been withdrawn from the school. This school has been nothing but a nightmare, i cannot seem to graduated because some how they come up with balances they say i owe and once i cleared the balance another appears and nobody has a real explanation for it. I even got my local news station involved to help get this issue resolved and once i did, i re- enrolled back into kaplan onky for the same exact thing to happen to me that i owe more money. Since then i have been blocked out of my last term of graduating becauase now a 17,000 balance has occured out of now where and nobody wants to give me a clear answer as to why. Kaplan has runied my life and career spening over 40,000 with this school and cannot graduate because of a balance of 17,000 this hurts so much because nobody at the school can give me clear answers i have so much evidence to prove to them that i dont owe them any money at all!! this school needs to be sued so bad they are scamming students out of millions promising me a future in criminal justice that was never going to happen. can someone please help me sue this school ive lost everything behind Kaplan 40,000 they have stolen from me.PLEASE HELP ME!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2017 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university-davenportonline/nationwide/kaplan-university-davenportonline-6-years-i-was-scammed-davenport-iowa-1359226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

I was also lied to on many levels!

AUTHOR: Daniellen531 - (USA)

I started attending Kaplan in 2009. I was a single mother and when I contacted them to possibly start on my backelors degree I just wanted information on the program and how long it took, if I could do classes at night because I was working during the day ect. The woman I spoke to gave me some info and basically told me I needed to sign up right away in order to register for classes or I would have to wait over a year to enroll and the price per credit may go up but if I signed up now I could start in September and be locked in to my price per credit.

So I enrolled hoping to get my education and have a better chance at giving my son a life he deserved rather than living paycheck to paycheck and living at my fathers house forever. I enrolled for my bachelors degree in business and was told I needed to fill out my federal student aid info. She also told me since I was a single mother only making about $13.00 per hour at the time that I would get grants which would go towards my education and I didnt have to pay back ( I knew what a grant was).

Also some of the teachers I feel spent most of the time in class with technical issues and half the time did not even know the material they were trying to teach. I tried doing tutoring in the tutor center and had to wait hours just to talk to someone to try and help but they were no help what so ever. Im not even sure they were licensed to actually teach.

She said I would only have to take out a student loan for maybe about $5000 per year based on the price per credit right now which I thought was not bad considering going to school near me during the day was no option I had to work. After finding out that was not true they said I could not leave the school unless I wanted to obviously forfeit my degree and still have to pay the full tuition and they could not guarantee the credits would be transfered depending on the school I decided to transfer to. So I was basically stuck paying all that money with nothing to show for it or stick it out and be able to get a good job after school with my degree.

Well needless to say I could not get a job and here it is almost 4 years later and I still cannot find a job that will consider hiring me even though I have the credentials. I wish that I had just left now but its too late. I did see other comments about being charged after leaving the school. I am waiting to hear back from an advisor so I can get a copy of all my records when attending kaplan so I can research all my paperwork. I am hoping everything is in there because a lot of it you have to call in and speak to someone so you cannot get it in writing. I also filled out a form with the higher learning commission they claim to now be accreditted by because I saw a lot of people note that they werent and they told me also that they were so I am hoping to get a history of their accredidation.

if ANYONE is starting a class action suit I would love to be a part of it. Im $60,000 in debt with a $700 a month payment that I cannot afford and nobody will hire me because its basically a joke to even have Kaplan on my resume as a reputable college.

AUTHOR: - ()

It's not that I just want my money back It's that they collected payment on my account from one of my loans when I was in a Withdrawal status . The reason that I haven't graduated yet is because Kaplan keeps coming up With balances that they said I owe everytime I complete a term. I Am paying out of pocket it's so stressful that I was naive into paying this school being desperate for degree that they knew Was never coming. It's just been a mess I need Someone's help bad

Question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (USA)

What is the degree you are trying to obtain? IF you borrowed money (student loans) then what is the reason you did not graduate and what is the reason you want money back?