Complaint Review: Kaplan University - Online Campus

550 W Van Buren St Fl 7
    Internet
    United States of America

Kaplan University - Online Campus My degree is worth nothing! Internet

*General Comment: The Truth About These For-Profit Scams!

I began taking class at Kaplan University back in 2008.  My education was going towards a Bachelors in Nutrition so I could become a Registered Nutritionist.  I was told Kaplan was an accredited college and that when I graduated I was going to be able to start my career.  6 months ago I called to find out how I can start my clinical hours in order to graduate.  I was then told that the college was not CADE Accredited.  I said what is CADE?  They said it was the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education.  This apparently is extremely important in order for me to be able to have a career in my field.  Therefore this school could not do clinical and therefore I could not become a nutritionist when i graduated.
  Feeling like I had missed something and that I should of known this I called around to other colleges.  The admissions advisor's from each of the schools told me that this was not something I would of known being that I was a new student in a new field.  It is the job of my advisor to make me aware of every step I need to take in order to fulfill my education correctly.  They also asked me what college I was attending and when I told them Kaplan they all said they had heard many complaints from many students with the same exact problem.  Kaplan just wants your money!
  I was also told that Kaplan's credits would transfer anywhere but known of these colleges accepts Kaplans credits.  Therefore i have wasted 20,000 dollars on a useless degree.  In fact one of the colleges recently just implemented some sort of a program especially for Kaplan students in my situation to help them out a little bit.  But i still have to re-start my bachelors all over again.
  Even after Kaplan told me they were not CADE accredited when I asked them what
CADE was they beat around the bush.  Before I new any of this I asked them if I would still be able to become a nutrionist and they told me yes I would just have to take a few extra classes.
  I could go on and on about the lies Kaplan has told me.  I wish I researched them to begin with but with all there commercials and ad's who woulda thought they would be such a scam.

***  Im looking to file a class action lawsuit and could use any bit of help on how to start doing this.  Any numbers or if anyone else is in the same boat please respnd to this*******

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2010 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/kaplan-university-online-campus/internet/kaplan-university-online-campus-my-degree-is-worth-nothing-internet-581542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 General Comment

The Truth About These For-Profit Scams!

AUTHOR: Lookin For Justice - (USA)

This link will let you know how much a degree at one of these places is really worth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWNzE71vtKw